Inside cabin questions

LynnAnne

Hi, Thinking of booking a inside cabin for daughter, friend and I. I have never stayed in a inside but want to go as cheap as we can. Do inside cabins have refridgerators?? Ice buckets they keep filled?? When there is a 3rd person do they pull down and make up bed at night? We are going to be on the Freedom, which is better aft or forward?? I know mid ship is better but want to do this cheap. Help, don't spend much time in cabins so convince me this will be OK!! Thanks everyone!!! Will the bathroom have shelf space like other cabins??

Hi, Thinking of booking a inside cabin for daughter, friend and I. I have never stayed in a inside but want to go as cheap as we can. Do inside cabins have refridgerators?? Ice buckets they keep filled?? When there is a 3rd person do they pull down and make up bed at night? We are going to be on the Freedom, which is better aft or forward?? I know mid ship is better but want to do this cheap. Help, don't spend much time in cabins so convince me this will be OK!! Thanks everyone!!! Will the bathroom have shelf space like other cabins??

Yes they have refrigs. Bathrooms have same shelves as others. We stay forward, but as far back forward as we can. Yes ice buckets are filled ( twice a day )

They are pretty much the same as others (outside, balcony) except maybe for the square footage and of course no window. They have refrigerators and shelves and ice buckets. It's not like you are all in bunks in the basement.....:)

Depends on the ship

Insides are more or less like an ocean view except for the view.

Yes they have ice buckets, robes etc.

As far as the third bed, ours had a rollaway, they just left it in place

and it worked out fine for us that way.

1. Yes they have small fridges, but they are full of sodas and alcohol and aren't really that cold. You can ask the steward to remove the stuff in it, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

2. Ice buckets-Check. Your steward should keep it filled everyday or more if you ask.

3. Yes, they pull down a bunk bed at night usually while you are at dinner. The oceanviews and balconies usually have couches they convert instead.

4. I was on the Freedom, but I was mid-ship. However I was on the Dream and aft. If motion is a problem I'd go with an aft room, but with insides its usually not an issue. If you are going to be on the lower level (I assume b/c they are cheaper, just check what will be above you). I don't think it will matter if you on the lower level of the ship.

5. All the rooms are the same square foot, except for balconies have....well an balcony, but that doesn't change the room size and then the suites have more square feet. Otherwise, your inside will be just as big as an Oceanview or balcony, except they have different layouts.

This is what your room will look like, except this is the Liberty, but its a sister ship to Freedom. But basically carnival keeps their rooms the same for the most part. My Freedom pics were not as good as these.

CruiseWesternCarribeanJune2010045.jpg

CruiseWesternCarribeanJune2010046.jpg

You will have the same shelves on the other side of the mirror

CruiseWesternCarribeanJune2010049.jpg

We stayed in an inside cabin on our last cruise for the first time. We have always had an ocean view or balcony in the past. My husband was very hesitant, I not so much.

After, I am all for an interior. The service is EXACTLY the same. If the boat offers fridges, the interior does as well. The room steward service was identical and the price considerably less.

Our children shared an interior on an earlier cruise and there were three of them. The drop down was pulled down at night and returned up during the day, so it wasn't in anyones way during the day time. Their bathroom was all but identical to ours across the hall in our balcony room.

I would HIGHLY recommend an interior if price is an issue and I would personally do it again in a second.

1. Yes they have small fridges, but they are full of sodas and alcohol and aren't really that cold. You can ask the steward to remove the stuff in it, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

2. Ice buckets-Check. Your steward should keep it filled everyday or more if you ask.

3. Yes, they pull down a bunk bed at night usually while you are at dinner. The oceanviews and balconies usually have couches they convert instead.

4. I was on the Freedom, but I was mid-ship. However I was on the Dream and aft. If motion is a problem I'd go with an aft room, but with insides its usually not an issue. If you are going to be on the lower level (I assume b/c they are cheaper, just check what will be above you). I don't think it will matter if you on the lower level of the ship.

5. All the rooms are the same square foot, except for balconies have....well an balcony, but that doesn't change the room size and then the suites have more square feet. Otherwise, your inside will be just as big as an Oceanview or balcony, except they have different layouts.

This is what your room will look like, except this is the Liberty, but its a sister ship to Freedom. But basically carnival keeps their rooms the same for the most part. My Freedom pics were not as good as these.

CruiseWesternCarribeanJune2010045.jpg

CruiseWesternCarribeanJune2010046.jpg

You will have the same shelves on the other side of the mirror

CruiseWesternCarribeanJune2010049.jpg

Nice bon-voyage gifts you got there :)

We prefer inside cabins, in fact if we can find the inner inside (third row of doors in the middle) that is even better,

They have all the things provided in the other rooms, except you can not see outside, except on the TV.

The advantage we find it when you get back from a port day, and want to take a nap and relax, it is dark if you turn the lights off, in the others if the sun is up, it is not DARK. We have actually over slept on port days, when they are not making in cabin announcements, and it was 9am when we woke up.

I stayed in an inside room on the Freedom in Nov 3 years ago over Thanksgiving. We also were going as cheap as possible. We loved it. Our room steward was awesome. We were on the Riviera Deck at the back of the ship (again, going on the cheap). The only problem we had was when we docked at a port, we were woken by the anchor going down at about 5am. Scared the crap out of us the first moring but after that, it would wake us and we would go back to sleep after about 20 minutes. There were 3 of us also and the top bunk was closed up during the day and they would put it down at night. I did not mind having no window, we barley spent time in our room We did book a balcony for this Nov for a change though. No matter where you end up, you will be fine.

Pretty much the same as the outside cabins....You'll be fine....

We are getting to the point that we usually book inside cabins, since we only use them for sleep, changing, and maybe a Disco Nap so we can stay up later than we usually do back home....:p

Thanks everyone!!! I'm the one that would stay in a inside and DH is the one that wants a balcony. I feel so much better now, we are never in our room other then to sleep or get ready for something anyway. I can't wait. Thanks again!!! Lynn

Thanks everyone!!! I'm the one that would stay in a inside and DH is the one that wants a balcony. I feel so much better now, we are never in our room other then to sleep or get ready for something anyway. I can't wait. Thanks again!!! Lynn

You may want to look into category PT (porthole) They are the same price as the inside cabin and are listed as 'inside'. We just got off the Dream and stayed in one. For the price of inside, you get a cabin with one or two porthole windows. We stayed in 1208. If you want to see pictures, I will direct you to a link.

Happy planning!:)

We prefer inside cabins, in fact if we can find the inner inside (third row of doors in the middle) that is even better,

They have all the things provided in the other rooms, except you can not see outside, except on the TV.

The advantage we find it when you get back from a port day, and want to take a nap and relax, it is dark if you turn the lights off, in the others if the sun is up, it is not DARK. We have actually over slept on port days, when they are not making in cabin announcements, and it was 9am when we woke up.

sorry but I disagree , It tough to beat having your coffee / bloody mary on the balcony watching the sun rise & leaving port as the sun sets with a cocktail in your hand leaning on the balcony railing . And as the GF showers I get to relax on my lounge chair and enjoy the view If I ever want to experience an inside cabin again , I'll just sleep in the closet at home , same thing .

We stayed in an inside cabin on our last cruise for the first time. We have always had an ocean view or balcony in the past. My husband was very hesitant, I not so much.

After, I am all for an interior. The service is EXACTLY the same. If the boat offers fridges, the interior does as well. The room steward service was identical and the price considerably less.

Our children shared an interior on an earlier cruise and there were three of them. The drop down was pulled down at night and returned up during the day, so it wasn't in anyones way during the day time. Their bathroom was all but identical to ours across the hall in our balcony room.

I would HIGHLY recommend an interior if price is an issue and I would personally do it again in a second.

I am in same situation as you, and completely agree!!! :) Our last cruise was the first without a window/balcony. It was totally worth it to save all that money. We will most likely book interior from now on - and be able to go on more cruises, instead of just one with a balcony. :)

Happy Cruising to you!! :D

sorry but I disagree , It tough to beat having your coffee / bloody mary on the balcony watching the sun rise & leaving port as the sun sets with a cocktail in your hand leaning on the balcony railing . And as the GF showers I get to relax on my lounge chair and enjoy the view If I ever want to experience an inside cabin again , I'll just sleep in the closet at home , same thing .

No I don't drink coffee, never need a bloody mary, as far as watching the sun rise/set we can do it from on deck, or in our room on the tv.

As far as your closet at home, it must be huge!

I've had an inside cabin with DD for a quick girls get-away, and found it ok, but swore I wouldn't do it again (I enjoy the balcony). However, when DH gave me an option to cruise in an inside, or not cruise at all this past Christmas, I gave in and we booked an inside on Destiny, but chose Lido deck forward, but as close to midship as possible. It was great going out our door, and almost being outside on deck near the seaside theater. Very close to everything, and just a quick walk at night to get our tea.

Just go with the right mind-set and enjoy !

No I don't drink coffee, never need a bloody mary, as far as watching the sun rise/set we can do it from on deck, or in our room on the tv.

As far as your closet at home, it must be huge!

watching the sunset on TV in your cabin / closet ? I didn't know you could do that ................. now why would you ????????

Steering the thread back to the topic at hand. Lynne, since your cruise will be on the Freedom, you will not have to worry about any rollaway bed for the 3rd person. There are no rollaways on that ship. You would have to book a 3-person room, and for an inside, the 3rd bed will be an upper bunk. Square footage is different in different types of rooms on this ship. A balcony room is 185 sq.ft. plus a 35 sq.ft. balcony. An oceanview room actually is a full 220 sq.ft--same size as the balcony room, except all of it is indoors. An interior is listed at 185, but many people (including me) feel that it's a little smaller than other types of rooms listed as 185. It may be closer to 175. We don't spend much time in the cabin either, which is why we usually go pretty cheap with our rooms, and we're always very happy. Oddly enough, my best cruises have been the ones where my room had no outside view at all. For me, it's never the room that makes a cruise great or just okay. (There are no bad cruises!)

I agree with what APDMOM said about the category PT (porthole) rooms. Those are the same price as the cheapest regular interiors on the ship, except that the room is larger (somewhere around 200-220 sq.ft.) & you get an outside view through 2 portholes. I consider it just like having an oceanview room, for the price of the cheapest inside. Plus, as if that's not enough, the Freedom has 3 of these types of room down on Deck 1, all of which sleep 3 people, with the 3rd person getting a sofa bed instead of an upper bunk. As someone who's usually the 3rd person on a cruise, I can tell you that the sofa bed is very comfortable. So is the upper, but not nearly as comfy as the sofa bed. These rooms are way in the front, so there will be more motion than midship. Just come prepared for that and you should be fine. You may hear the waves crashing, but many people enjoy that sound.

Here are some pics of a porthole room on the Dream. Please note: This is a category 1A (with portholes). If you book a category PT room, you will have 2 regular beds (your choice-pushed together or separate) and not just one bed like you see in these pics. So imagine this room slightly larger, with a 2nd bed, and that sofa made up as a bed for the 3rd person. This is what you can have on the Freedom, on Deck 1, for the same cost as the cheapest regular interior room!!! That is, if they aren't sold out. They tend to go quick.

2216a.jpg

2216c.jpg

Inside cabins are very much the same as all other cabins. Suites are bigger/fancier, but inside, outside, balcony are pretty much the same. Balcony you do get a small balcony where two people might sit, but it's a small balcony.

We booked a balcony once and our neighbors kept on smoking. We didn't use the balcony very much.

If you like to sleep in the dark you'll love an inside. I do!

Inside cabins are very much the same as all other cabins. Suites are bigger/fancier, but inside, outside, balcony are pretty much the same. Balcony you do get a small balcony where two people might sit, but it's a small balcony.

We booked a balcony once and our neighbors kept on smoking. We didn't use the balcony very much.

If you like to sleep in the dark you'll love an inside. I do!

That's why I love them! Between the gentle rocking motion of the ship and the total darkness, I sleep like a log. When not sleeping there, I am on Lido or a public deck anyway.

I choose a cabin mid ship for less motion.

Archived