Carnival's "Circle C" and "Club 02?"

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know anything about Circle C or Club 02, like what the kids do, and if anyone actually shows up? We are going on a mediterranean cruise this summer, and I have a daughter who's 14 and a half. Do you think that it would be better for her to stay in Circle C (ages 12-14), or club 02 (15-17), if that's even possible?

Any information would be helpful!

Thanks so much!! :D

A few of the things I remember seeing going on were playing games (board and video), break dancing class, towel folding class, dances, dances, did I mention dances, movie night...I'll try to think of some more.

Oh, and kids do go. My almost 16 yo had a BLAST over spring break.

Edited by parentsof5

Depends on your daughter..very likely they won't let her "move up" anyway.

Generally they are pretty "stringent" about this...however, my son at 14 had managed to worm his way into both clubs. He's the king of sucking up to a counselor.

Honestly, based on my experience and my kid only, he didn't spend as much time "in" the club except to meet up with his friends to hang out elsewhere.

Edited by Ruggled

My oldest son (almost 20 now and in college) went through Club O2 and my middle son (15) just finished with Circle C and is moving on to Club O2 on our next cruise. Both of them loved the clubs - great way to meet other kids. Oldest still keeps in touch via Facebook with kids he met on Carnival Legend in 2006. If they weren't doing planned activities, they were out and about with the friends they met in the clubs.

As for moving up - If DD is in high school, have her bring her high school ID card if she's interested in moving up. Circle C is more middle school oriented, while Club O2 is high school oriented.

My son was 12 when we last cruised. He went to a few activites offered by the club but said most of the actvities were "under age" for his taste. He did meet a few kids and hung out by the pool with them and on the basketball courts.

Kids usually just hang out instead of doing the programs. You will find them at the pizza, sittingin hot tubs.

There will be a meet the first night and your teen really should go to this meeting

My son had a great time with O2. We were on the Pride 3/13 and he was 3 months shy of his 15th birthday and they had no problem putting him in O2. Most of his friends at home are older cause of his band, sports and boy scout activities. Matt, the counselor, was awesome and my DS spent quite a bit of time doing activities or breaking off and hanging with his new friends. We established some rules with him in the beginning that we had to know where he was and he could not go anywhere alone so it all worked out great. He could pick and choose what he wanted to do and have dinner and port time with us. He made alot of new friends that he is keeping in contact with.

Edited by mag

• 4 years later...

Club O 2 itinerary

I am looking for Club O 2 daily itinerary. We are going on the Dream at the end of June. Its our first time on the Dream and my daughter will be 16. All info will really be very helpful.

:)

I'm sure this won't be a problem on regular cruises, but we took a 2-day Cruise to Nowhere last week, and DH's 16 y/o daughter went with us. The Club O2 looked very nice, but some of the "kids" hanging out in there looked very sketchy, wearing clothing printed with guns, marijuana leaves and the like. We saw adult cruisers wearing the same crap, so we can only assume those little angels belonged to them.

Needless to say, she did not stay in there. We're hoping to take her on a longer cruise, where (hopefully) that element won't be in the teen area.

Edited by VASOXFANN

My kids have all done the Carnival programming- it's the only reason I sail Carnival at this point. My youngest is still in Club 02 and LOVES it. Definitely have your child give it a shot.

I'm sure this won't be a problem on regular cruises, but we took a 2-day Cruise to Nowhere last week, .

a cruise to nowhere is NOTHING like a cruise going somewhere

• 3 weeks later...

We will be on the Magic next spring and will have 3 boys 2 @ 11.5yo and 1 @ 12.5

I wonder if they will let the 2 that are just a few months shy of 12 into club c or the 12.5yo into camp carnival (i think that is what they call the 9-11 section???) to be with his friends. Any opinions on how to handle this?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Rules say no but I have heard of the staff letting it slide. I think it all depends the staff. If they follow the rules then no. If they don't then yes. If they do what else are they allowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will be on the Magic next spring and will have 3 boys 2 @ 11.5yo and 1 @ 12.5

I wonder if they will let the 2 that are just a few months shy of 12 into club c or the 12.5yo into camp carnival (i think that is what they call the 9-11 section???) to be with his friends. Any opinions on how to handle this?

Would really depend on when you are going. If going during a heavy spring break week the chances of being moved up in age group is very unlikely

especilly with more then a 6 month age difference

Personally I would leave the kids in the 9-11 year program as it will be more activities. the next age group of 12-14 just tend to hang out around the ship instead of participating in group activities.

You could ask that the 12 year old move DOWN in the program as that will be more attainable.

This being a Med cruise it will likely have only a few kids on board

I think you haven't noted the dates on the thread. The original post was in 2011, about a Med. cruise. The thread picked up again in 2015, and is not about Med. cruises. EM