Question About Vintages Wine Bar

Has anyone been to Vintages Wine bar on Liberty or Freedom since the upgrades?

Can you tell me about it? After doing small tastings are you able to buy a bottle of wine there, and take it to your room or the dining room for dinner?

Thanks in advance.

You can certainly buy a bottle and take it back to your room. However, if you buy a bottle and take it to the dining room, you may be charged a corkage fee. Either buy the bottle in the dining room, or maybe you can buy it at Vintages and have them deliver it to the dining room. Ask the Vintages people about their policy before you buy.

You can certainly buy a bottle and take it back to your room. However, if you buy a bottle and take it to the dining room, you may be charged a corkage fee. Either buy the bottle in the dining room, or maybe you can buy it at Vintages and have them deliver it to the dining room. Ask the Vintages people about their policy before you buy.

What if they open it for you in Vintages?

What if they open it for you in Vintages?

Don't know, sounds reasonable, maybe that would be fine.

The whole idea of charging a corkage fee for wine that is purchased on the ship seems absurd to me. If Royal's rules allowed "outside" wine to be brought on board, then I could understand the corkage fee. I can't tell you how many times I've either purchased wine for someone or had it purchased for us, ordered it delivered to the dining room, shows up in the cabin, and then I have to argue with the MDR people about not charging a corkage fee because the ship made a mistake an delivered it to the wrong place.

I do know that you can bring full glasses of wine into the dining room without any problem, we've done that many times on various ships. All I can suggest is to ask the Vintages people and they will let you know the policy on that ship.

Archived