Holy Smokes...Early Saver Fairy.....WooHooo

millerboy88

Going on the Dream is just a few weeks. Last Friday I had a significant price drop from what I paid when I booked a year ago. Filled out the price protection form and got a decline saying the rooms were sold out on my level (Cove Balcony) So, I called and was able to get an upgrade to a Deck 9 Balcony plus $40.00 on board credit!!! Yesterday there was another HUGE drop in price. So I filled out the form again and sent it in. Got a response within 3 hours saying that I got the price reduction and it would be applied to my OBC. Woooo Hoooooo!!!! $80.00 per person ($160.00). I had already gotten 1 OBC back in December that was added as OBC as well. So, I got: Upgrade from Deck 2 to Deck 9 Balcony and $280.00 OBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Early Saver does work. So far we upgraded from an aft wrap to an ocean suite and have $650 each in OBC for a total of $1300. We still have 7 weeks to go and there are lots of cabins left on our 5/22 Magic cruise.

It's not directly under the pool, but is close. urely it won't be tooooo loud on the Lido deck late at night

Actually fellow cruisers have noted hearing the screeching sounds of crew members dragging out the loungers early each morning. But if you're not directly inder that Lido area, then you outta be alright. Have fun!:)

I booked Early Saver for my honeymoon cruise in October, when do you think they "might" lower the price? I check 2 times a day. If they do lower it great, if not...oh well...I liked the deal I got otherwise I wouldn't have booked it! (but still hoping for maybe a little bit of OBC) hehehe

Going on the Dream is just a few weeks. Last Friday I had a significant price drop from what I paid when I booked a year ago. Filled out the price protection form and got a decline saying the rooms were sold out on my level (Cove Balcony) So, I called and was able to get an upgrade to a Deck 9 Balcony plus $40.00 on board credit!!! Yesterday there was another HUGE drop in price. So I filled out the form again and sent it in. Got a response within 3 hours saying that I got the price reduction and it would be applied to my OBC. Woooo Hoooooo!!!! $80.00 per person ($160.00). I had already gotten 1 OBC back in December that was added as OBC as well. So, I got: Upgrade from Deck 2 to Deck 9 Balcony and $280.00 OBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Send that fairy my way!! Waiting for final payment date to pass in 4 days, then hoping for price drop for June Legend sailing!!

Happy cruising,

We leave next week, and really didn't start seeing major price drops until last week. Also found out that the lower price drop happen late at night and very early in the morning. Everytime we checked, late night or early the next morning the prices were a lot lower than around 9:00 a.m. and later thoughout the day

I booked Early Saver for my honeymoon cruise in October, when do you think they "might" lower the price? I check 2 times a day. If they do lower it great, if not...oh well...I liked the deal I got otherwise I wouldn't have booked it! (but still hoping for maybe a little bit of OBC) hehehe

Keep checking. I've booked ES three times and gotten multiple price drops on all three cruises. My experience is the drops start happening between two and three months out. I don't know if that's typical, but that's how it has worked for me. It's great going on a cruise with OBC in the bank.

I'm like you--I'm happy with the price I paid or I wouldn't have booked the cabin in the first place. Any ES discounts are gravy!

Happy honeymoon!

Love, love, love Early Saver! We just got approved today for another $30 pp making a grand total saved since we booked at $560 total for the 2 of us. Our cat is sold out now so that's probably it...but you never know when someone may upgrade and open a cabin back up;) The majority of the drops happened in the last 2 weeks so don't give up!

I have seen several posts about price drops and Price Protection forms. Where do you get the form?

Archived