Grand Jamaica & Dunns River Falls (RCI)?

jacksmom09

Hi! We are still trying to decide on a Jamaica excursion and are wondering if anyone has tried the Grand Jamaica & Dunns River falls?:confused: Would love a review or other suggestions!:rolleyes: It will be me, dh and ds (14)!

I am having similar issues -- I'm going on Oasis of the Seas in mid May and haven't picked an excursion yet for Jamaica. I have my eye on this same excursion.

Orbitz shore excurusions has a Dunns Falls, city tour excursion which I'm leaning towards as well....

• 2 months later...

If your asking about the Sandals Grand I stayed at another Sandals resort and took the Dunns River tour which took us to the Grand for Lunch. I would assume its the same thing only my starting point was different. I can tell you Dunns River is amazing. How much time does the tour give you at the Grand? It is a beautiful resort. While there I said a few time "maybe we come back here next time." Can I answer anything else?

coffeyk, no we are looking at booking a tour with Royal Caribbean and it is called Grand Jamaica and Dunns River tour - The description is below:

Departing from the pier for an approximate 1 hour 45 minute journey to Brimmer Hall Estate will have you passing many quaint towns and villages such as the tourism mecca of Ocho Rios. Upon arrival at Brimmer Hall, tractor drawn jitneys will take you through the groves of the plantation where the farmers provide an interesting commentary and demonstration of the working plantation. Sample fresh coconut, sugar cane and fruit punch or rum swizzle! Next visit the Great House. The Brimmer Hall Estate represents life on a plantation during Jamaica's robust 18th century period. The former stables have been converted into a charming boutique that you may browse through. Returning pass the estates of Noel Coward world renowned playwright and Ian Flemming creator of James Bond, then arrive at the tropical beaches of Shaw Park! Be greeted with a welcome beverage and a beach chaise lounge chair. Enjoy a refreshing dip in the warm Caribbean Sea, relax and do nothing. Enjoy a casual delicious Caribbean lunch! After lunch, it’s a short distance to the world famous Dunn's River Falls. Experience the exciting climb of the falls. Or walk the viewing platforms located along its route. Providing the perfect photo opportunity! Return to Falmouth and the cruise ship pier after an unforgettable day in Jamaica.

Please be aware there is a certain amount of agility needed to climb Dunn's River Falls. Due to the difficulty involved in this type of activity, guests should make their own judgment before deciding to make the climb. It is optional to climb the falls on this tour.

Archived