got my 2nd "upsell fairy" call...

bluehenfan

In January, a few days before I was scheduled to sail on my 5th Carnival cruise, I got my 1st call from the "upsale fairy" offering me an upgrade from our premium balcony to a suite for $495 . I turned it down because I didn't want to give up that long balcony in cabin 6232. Last night I got another call 5 days before we sail on the Sensation, offering me an upsell from OV cabins to balconies for both rooms I have reserved, for a grand total of $200. I couldn't pass that up so I grabbed it. I was told they are the last 2 available balcony cabins for our cruise date. The Carnival person I spoke with was so nice. She was not pushy at all. She told me she'd heard there was a website that referred to CCL staff members offering these last minute deals as "upsale fairies". She thought it was a cute nickname, but said one of the guys she works with said he'd rather be referred to as an "upsale Knight". LOL! As nice as she was, my "upsale fairy" could not explain how Carnival decides who gets the upsale calls, so for me, the mystery is still unanswered.

.....but do the upsell calls only happen if you book through the CCL website or a PVP? If you booked through a TA can you request upsell calls?

:confused:

And btw, great job on the upsell to balconies!

wasiii

.....but do the upsell calls only happen if you book through the CCL website or a PVP? If you booked through a TA can you request upsell calls?

:confused:

And btw, great job on the upsell to balconies!

wasiii

You cant request upsell calls even if you booked direct. I dont know if they call your TA to relay offers or what though.

I cruise a lot and never got even one and I book direct!

Maybe Carnival should start such a list. I notice on RCL you can now check a box that you want automatic upgrades ...or you can say under which conditions they can upgrade you. So, its possible if it works on RCL Carnival could come up with someone similar one day.

You cant request upsell calls even if you booked direct. I dont know if they call your TA to relay offers or what though.

I cruise a lot and never got even one and I book direct!

Maybe Carnival should start such a list. I notice on RCL you can now check a box that you want automatic upgrades ...or you can say under which conditions they can upgrade you. So, its possible if it works on RCL Carnival could come up with someone similar one day.

.....let's hope the suits over at CCL hear about this and start what you suggested.

wasiii

Book our cruise last week through CCL's PVP. She said she would keep me on the list for upgrades. So it could be you have to book through CCL and tell your PVP that you want on the list.

She knows I'm interested in a spa balcony, but would definitely consider a suite for the right $$ of course!

Archived