China, Japan, Korea cruise cancelled

Lvntrvl

RCCL just notified us that our cruise has been cancelled for 6/25/2011. The new itinerary for that date is a 5 night cruise departing Hong Kong with stops at Sanya, China, Hue/, Vietnam, and Hanoi, Vietnam. I am having trouble getting excited about the change. Would you take the change or just cancel.

welcome to cruise critic. i'm sure you're disappointed.

i hope you find vietnam as fascinating as i did. i want to go back there some day for an extended vacation. the people there are very nice and love tourists. good sights and not very expensive.

We are traveling from the US with our college aged children who have never been to Asia. I have already advised them that this will be the last family trip "bankrolled by mom", so we were hoping to see as much as possible in a short period of time. We have to go in the summer due to school schedules. Our initial plans included a 7 night cruise to Shanghai, South Korea and 2 ports in Japan (Kyoto and Fukuroka) in late June, followed by a trip to Xian and Beijing. We had our hearts set on seeing Japan, but understand the reality of the situation. (The Japanese remain in our thoughts and prayers.). We are also looking at a land-based option, but would have preferred to avoid the hassles of packing and unpacking daily. Hong Kong interests us, but I just don't know enough about tourism in Vietnam to get excited about it yet. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Archived