Obstructed views - how bad are they?

catradho

We're thinking of booking a week on the Miracle and going through the pricing, see Obstructed Views are available. I'm assuming they're because of the lifeboats. How bad are these views? Are they worth the price reduction? Can anyone give me specifics with cabin numbers? Thanks.

They are awesome, we just had one in February on the Miracle we were in 5236, our friends were in 5230 and 5232. for the price i would book it again in a heartbeat. We had the extended balcony our friends had the regular one. If you can try and book one between lifeboats and not at the front of the ship. The first 3 lifeboats are higher up, blocking your view. Our view was not blocked even when sitting down. Here are some pics. Click on a picture and it will take you to my albumn of our Miracle cruise

2949047280097654989S500x500Q85.jpg

2423473560097654989S500x500Q85.jpg

2736643540097654989S500x500Q85.jpg

2553361620097654989S500x500Q85.jpg

We're thinking of booking a week on the Miracle and going through the pricing, see Obstructed Views are available. I'm assuming they're because of the lifeboats. How bad are these views? Are they worth the price reduction? Can anyone give me specifics with cabin numbers? Thanks.

We have had the most forward of the obstructed view staterooms in the after group on both the Miracle and the Pride. These are very nice cabins, indeed. We will book one of these if we cruise on this class ship in the future. These would be 5224 and 5227. 5238 and 5245, which are lengthwise in layout are even more desirable, but are usually booked very early.

Doc

Are you interested in the balcony obstructed view or ocean view obstructed view.

Are you interested in the balcony obstructed view or ocean view obstructed view.

Good point. Huge difference between the two. Some people get confused.

To OP: balcony obstructed has the balcony with the lifeboat coming up to about your feet (or the rail with the 1st 3 on each side). Cat. 7A

Oceanview obstructed has a French door that opens, but there is just a bar there. Many of these you can not see past the lifeboats. Cat 4K

• 2 weeks later...
We have had the most forward of the obstructed view staterooms in the after group on both the Miracle and the Pride. These are very nice cabins, indeed. We will book one of these if we cruise on this class ship in the future. These would be 5224 and 5227. 5238 and 5245, which are lengthwise in layout are even more desirable, but are usually booked very early.

Doc

Why is lengthwise cabin better?

Oceanview obstructed has a French door that opens, but there is just a bar there. Many of these you can not see past the lifeboats. Cat 4K

Actually, a 4K is classified (and priced) as an interior - it's labelled "Interior with French Doors" on the Carnival website. I booked one on the Miracle and am hoping I chose right - evidently some of them have a bit of a view between the lifeboats.

Archived