What's the dealio with carry ons?

My hubs and I are taking a short Bahamas cruise on the Majesty in September. It has been a while since we cruised (2007). We are "those people" that do not cruise to get dressed up for dinner. We pack very lightly and we don't "do" formal nights. We dress up for work so we vacation, it's all shorts, t shirt and flip-flops. We let the dining room manager know so they can use our our table for other passengers. Anyway... this is my question: I have heard that you can now bring a carry on, instead of leaving your luggage, you can carry one piece on per passenger. So for example, I am bringing only a small wheeled duffle. Does anyone know if I can carry this onboard myself and then carry it off at the end of the journey. This is a small bag that would fit in an overhead compartment on a plane. Again, just curious... any advice is highly appreciated. But again, we are Platinum member staying in a grand suite, so they get priority luggage delivery anyway, right? Thank you for any advice!

My hubs and I are taking a short Bahamas cruise on the Majesty in September. It has been a while since we cruised (2007). We are "those people" that do not cruise to get dressed up for dinner. We pack very lightly and we don't "do" formal nights. We dress up for work so we vacation, it's all shorts, t shirt and flip-flops. We let the dining room manager know so they can use our our table for other passengers. Anyway... this is my question: I have heard that you can now bring a carry on, instead of leaving your luggage, you can carry one piece on per passenger. So for example, I am bringing only a small wheeled duffle. Does anyone know if I can carry this onboard myself and then carry it off at the end of the journey. This is a small bag that would fit in an overhead compartment on a plane. Again, just curious... any advice is highly appreciated. But again, we are Platinum member staying in a grand suite, so they get priority luggage delivery anyway, right? Thank you for any advice!

That's what I carry on the ship ALL time, no matter what length of cruise I'm on. It has all my meds and snacks for my diabetic husband in it, as well as 1 change of clothes in case the airline loses my luggage. I also pack my bathing suit in it so I don't have to wait for my luggage after we can get into our rooms. Your roll on is fine for self assist too

You can bring as much carry on as you like as long as it fits through the scanner, similar to the airport scanners. There is no priority luggage delivery.

But again, we are Platinum member staying in a grand suite, so they get priority luggage delivery anyway, right? Thank you for any advice!

no I don't think there's priority luggage delivery. You yourselves will have priority boarding but your luggage will be placed on a cart with everyone else in your sector for x-raying. You'll get it when your sector gets it. If you have a fantastic stateroom attendant, he or she may sift through the pile to find his/her suite guests luggage.

Wow! thank you all for clearing this up. You can tell I need to get back in the "cruise groove". I appreciate all of your help and info. Carry-on it is,especially for the swimsuit reason! Take care all!:p

Archived