Carnival Dream Western- Review with Pictures

Will&Hel

What a fantastic review and pictorial!

I did the same tour in Belize that you did in 06 and it was an unforgettable journey for my family and I. My kids still talk about that day.

Incidentally, it rained while we were on the ruins with gusty wind, and our entire party of 6 went down those slippery limestone steps on our bums as well! Although during that portion I was scared beyond belief, terrified for my kids, (thoughts of us all rolling down to our deaths),:eek: I still wouldn't trade that experience.

Thanks for a great review:)

Glad you enjoyed it. The scariest thing was the kids strolling around the top without a care in the world:eek:

Thanks there are 1000 more photos :eek:

You'll love it have a great cruise- if you want a quiet drink found this bar on last day:

web.jpg?ver=13009519480001

Rendevouz Club Lounge on Deck 4 across from the Library

BTW, This is a great place for a pre-dinner cocktail if you're doing Your Time Dining in the Crimson and there's a wait, or if you're waiting for late seating in the Scarlett, especially on elegant night.

BTW, This is a great place for a pre-dinner cocktail if you're doing Your Time Dining in the Crimson and there's a wait, or if you're waiting for late seating in the Scarlett, especially on elegant night.

Never seen this mentioned before- we did not find it until day 6:mad:

Great review and pics--thanks very much.

We had Bodden and x. Tour in Belize. We go Jan. 7, 2012 which is too long!

For costa Maya we booked beach break at mahahual thru island marketing which is same thing the cruise ships get, bit our kids are free--with carnival they are $75 a head!

Thanks for comments- hindsight should have booked something for Costa Maya

We booked this one 18 months ago

Will and Hel Thanks for the review someone sent it to me at work today and I couldnt wait to come home and read it because I quickly looked at pics but knew I couldnt absorb what you were writing till I got home and could concentrate.

Brilliant Review Will!

We loved the Dream, but felt the cruise went by way too fast ... there were areas of the ship I never did make it to! The roll call was wonderful (thanks for that!) and I so enjoyed meeting everyone at the cocktail party! I am thinking about rebooking on the Dream, Eastern sailing this time around.

Again, great job on the review. Cheers!

Gisele

Thank-You. Now I miss the dream. I'll have to book another trip on her.

Well folks why don't ya all book on our Cruise Critic Group cruise we are doing a B2B first the Western 2/2/13 then the Eastern 2/9/13 It seems this is gonna be one AWESOME cruise.

Email me if you are interested the address is in my sigi

Will and Hel Thanks for the review someone sent it to me at work today and I couldnt wait to come home and read it because I quickly looked at pics but knew I couldnt absorb what you were writing till I got home and could concentrate.

Well folks why don't ya all book on our Cruise Critic Group cruise we are doing a B2B first the Western 2/2/13 then the Eastern 2/9/13 It seems this is gonna be one AWESOME cruise.

Email me if you are interested the address is in my sigi

Thanks I have some friend who are looking at B2B in 2013 so I let them know

Very much enjoyed your review and pictures. I agree about the man made appearance of Costa Maya, when we were there before, we did the ruins at Chaccoben (long and hot also) and loved them... We are headed there again in Dec, but this time we will do a private beach break and are so looking forward to it. We have never been to all the other ports though, so thanks for giving us the rundown (and pictures) of your adventures. I am so glad you showed the exterior ship photos... I keep trying to figure out which deck is deck 11... she is a HUGE ship!

Will&Hel

We want more pics, pleaseeeeeeeeeee

Your camera is just too good, we want more fabulous pics!!!!;)

Ok here are a few more:

Port Side Lanai

web.jpg?ver=13011357980002

Tender in Belize

web.jpg?ver=13011392010002

Dream - Deck 11 is above the Carnival Dream sign

web.jpg?ver=13011426590002

Coming alongside in a tender

web.jpg?ver=13011427690002

More pictures Wil more please

OK as Carnival Dream missed Isla Roatan today due to high winds (John Healds Blog) here are a few from there:

Entrance to Mahogany Bay

web.jpg?ver=13008993220001

Ship that tried it in high winds:eek:

web.jpg?ver=13009007510001

The Reef

web.jpg?ver=13008996890001

Carnival Valor pulling away- if you look to the right you will see the Starboard Hand buoy marking the channel- not much room

web.jpg?ver=13009005310001

Oh, and I had dreams about espresso lastnight. Are they available anywhere, anytime, or is it something you have to order? and pay extra for?

The coffee in The Gathering (Lido Deck) I think is ok- my DW likes very strong Espresso which you can buy from the coffee shop on Deck 5 along with cake

We discovered that they serve it in the Main Dining Room at breakfast and dinner- just ask no extra cost

Thanks for the review! It was fun to read. (I live near Weston, and I think I recognize that resort--Mizner Place?; it's by the brilliant "The Cheese Course" restaurant, and every time we head there for a bite (like last night) the pool seems to be hopping. How fun!)

We leave on the Dream in July. We had strayed away from Carnival for our last cruise, and this will be our homecoming. Can't wait. :)

Thanks for the review! It was fun to read. (I live near Weston, and I think I recognize that resort--Mizner Place?; it's by the brilliant "The Cheese Course" restaurant, and every time we head there for a bite (like last night) the pool seems to be hopping. How fun!)

We leave on the Dream in July. We had strayed away from Carnival for our last cruise, and this will be our homecoming. Can't wait. :)

Yep Mizner Place really nice place. Did not eat in The Cheese Course but did eat in the Italian Restaurant absolutely brilliant and the Japanese place-again really good.

Archived