Water shoes needed at ABanks?

chaderic

We're doing some swimming, snorkeling, and beaching at ABanks in April '05. Will we need water shoes getting into the water or will we be fine in our bare feet? (Not sure how rocky it is or how sharp the rocks/coral is.) Thanks!

I think you should be OK. I did a discover dive there this past summer and climbed down into the water in bare feet and then put on my fins. The hardest part is getting out of the water when the waves are beating against the shore. Just when you are ready to climb out, a wave catches you and pulls you back. I'm 49 years old though so if an old lady can do it, anyone can!! :)

Be aware that there is NO beach at Abanks however. There is a small restaurant with some outdoor tables, but no sand beach.

I believe that Abanks is at Eden Rock, and believe me, it is a great chunk of rock! ! I wouldn't go without water shoes. Certainly you could go barefoot, but I think you would be much more comfortable with the water shoes.

Archived