Wild Dolphins and Snorkeling ??? Excursion ???

ncovert

Has anyone done this excursion through Carnival in Puerto Vallarta?

We are thinking of doing this excursion and wanted to find out people's impressions. Thank you in advance.

More specific questions :

Does the boat have shade or a cover?

How many people does "limited" include?

What is the best part of the experience?

What can or should be fixed on this excursion?

Thank you in advance.

More specific questions :

Does the boat have shade or a cover?

How many people does "limited" include?

What is the best part of the experience?

What can or should be fixed on this excursion?

Thank you in advance.

I did this on March 24th through Carnival and really liked it. The boat has shade on the top and bottom decks(twin deck Catamaran) We had 30 people but the said they normally take 60. The best part on our trip was we saw a humpback whale jump completely out of the water but they won't be in the bay much longer(migrate north for summer). The crew was great and entertaining, Lunch was good and the full service bar opened after snorkeling. the only downside was we hit it on a day the water was real murkey and could only see fish up to 6 feet away. I have heard you can hit some real clear days but it's always up in the air. Saw Dolphins, Manta rays, and sea turtles also. Did not get anytime on the beach due to conditions. You do run the risk of murkey waters and not seeing any sea life.

I did this on March 24th through Carnival and really liked it. The boat has shade on the top and bottom decks(twin deck Catamaran) We had 30 people but the said they normally take 60. The best part on our trip was we saw a humpback whale jump completely out of the water but they won't be in the bay much longer(migrate north for summer). The crew was great and entertaining, Lunch was good and the full service bar opened after snorkeling. the only downside was we hit it on a day the water was real murkey and could only see fish up to 6 feet away. I have heard you can hit some real clear days but it's always up in the air. Saw Dolphins, Manta rays, and sea turtles also. Did not get anytime on the beach due to conditions. You do run the risk of murkey waters and not seeing any sea life.

Thank you very much. My wife got a big smile from everything you wrote. Nature is nature and we cannot expect that everything will be perfect all of the time. Guess it can be a bummer if things are less then perfect, but we understand that the tour operators are not in control of all of that. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Archived