Double down to single after final payment?

yj2cute

Need some advice here. I have a friend asking me for advice, but I'm not as familiar with Carnival policies. She has a double cabin booked with her BF that is paid in full for sailing on May 8. It appears as if her BF will not be going. How should she handle this to lose the least amount of money? I know she can do a name change, but I don't know if she will be able to get anyone to go at this late date. If she doesn't cancel him with the cruise line and just shows up without him will they charge her a single rate at the pier? Do both members of the cabin have to check in at the same time? Will they consider his booking cancelled, keep his fare and still charge her the single rate and demand payment before check in?

TIA for your help.

My PVP advised me to check in and never say the other person would be a no show. Like a dummy when I was checking in and they asked me about the other person, I could not lie and said she would not be checking in...it closed up our booking, she had to go for help, redo the fun pass info, took 30 minutes ...

just have them be a no show and keep your mouth shut...no they will not charge her extra if the other person is a no show.

after the cruise, I got some amount of money as a credit to my credit card, maybe $37 which Im told is taxes refunded for the no show. (I paid for both pax in the cabin is why I got their refund)

Archived