NewYork to Quebec on Crown

workstocruise

LaGuardia (LGA) and John F. Kennedy (JFK) airports are the closest but some people also fly into Newark, NJ (EWR). You would have to pay a lot more for tolls if you fly into Newark. LGA and JFK are about an hour at the most with regular traffic. I believe your ship will leave from the Red Hook, Brooklyn pier.

We did this in October. We used Southwest from LGA to BWI. 39$ fare:D

A few pointers from out experience. We walked off with luggage -- worked great for us (24 inch roller bag and rolling tote bag each). We hit the street to get a cab in the rain during rush hour OH MY!!! The line up for cabs at the taxi stand was 4 deep for over a block and I did not see a single cab. We were mobil and took off up two blocks and over a few streets -- there was a hotel but we went 1/2 block up before the hotel and had a cab in just a few minutes. I estimate the line for cabs at the taxi stand might be 2-3 hours:eek: (There were some limo drivers from a garage that was near the port in Manhatten {around the corner from the taxi stand} offering a limo for $70 to LGA. I think our rush hour cab was in the range of $50. This might not be a bad option. )

The flight that will be hard to get is the Quebec City flight. I was so glad that I bought mine fairly early as the price did just go up and up. There are few and the plane was small. We went through Cleveland and it was easy peasy except there was no cabin luggage -- (sort of like a small jet and the overhead bins would take a medium purse or coat only)-- so had to gate check carryons.

This was a wonderful relaxing trip. We had been to most of the ports several times when we lived in Canada but that was a long time ago and the beautiful Crown was very nice. Do traditional dining -- Anytime was very congested. IMHO. BT

We are considering flying into Newark and staying at the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor for a few days so we can ferry over to midtown.

Then maybe doing a Black Car to the terminal on embarkation day.

Anybody have a recommendations on getting to the hotel from Newark and to the Brooklyn terminal from Sheraton Lincoln Harbor.

Archived