It's been 18 years.

Mowiteem

Our last cruise was just the two of us in 1993. It was our honeymoon 8 nights to Bermuda on Celebrity's Meridian. We are finally planning a family vacation cruise. The boys are 6 and 12 and this will be their first cruise. We are limited as to when we can go. I am a teacher and my husband is a landscaper. What this means is are options for travel are winter break (dec. 24-02), February 18-21(too short) or August 2012. What do you think my best travel month would be and any suggestions on cruise lines. Oh I almost forgot--very important. I won't fly so my ports are Bayonne, ny, md, and possibly Boston. I am from nj so Bayonne would be my first choice.

If you have to sail from a northern port, it wil take about 3 days off the total cruise being in cold weather...that would be the downside to cruising from the north in the winter! Both coming and going will take time to get to "warmth"!

Of course, in Aug., there's always a chance of hurricanes...but the ship will avoid storms. Your itinerary may change if there is a storm brewing. However, if there's no storm, you're good to go! Hot weather the entire time!

I think your kids would really enjoy an RCI ship...lots to do on all but the oldest ships. Carnival is a good cruiseline, too....plenty for everyone!

Archived