MS Tolstoy with Vantage to Russia

Hydrokitty

Happy Spring everybody!

Has anyone been on the Tolstoy recently? We had heard some negative things about Vantage's ship in Russia and have been waiting for the new one to be ready. Has anyone gone this past year who could share what the cabins and food were like, since they were the two things people complained about most.

We were on the MS Tolstoy through AMA in July 2009 and didn't have any problems with the food or ship. I don't know what other categories they had but as far as I remember all the rooms had large windows that opened to the deck going around the ship. It was spotlessly clean and they were constantly cleaning. It was old but was still a nice ship. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for...if you expect new then it isn't. We had 2 single beds with a table in between and 1 long shelf above 1 bed...a desk that opened up and a large closet with shelves. Not a huge cabin but we really were not in it alot. It is a nice old ship and like I said, we had no problems with it or the food.

The Tolstoy is no longer in use by AMA, and it's too early for it to have its first season with Vantage, so I'd say that anything you heard wouldn't be applicable to upcoming voyages.

I looked at Vantage's site just to see what the Tolstoy was like. I'm so glad I decided to go with AMA on the Amakatarina which was built from the hull up to AMA's specifications.

I'm really going to like that 238 sq. foot cabin. It's not a suite, just a "Deluxe cabin with a balcony.

The Tolstoy is no longer in use by AMA, and it's too early for it to have its first season with Vantage, so I'd say that anything you heard wouldn't be applicable to upcoming voyages.

I looked at Vantage's site just to see what the Tolstoy was like. I'm so glad I decided to go with AMA on the Amakatarina which was built from the hull up to AMA's specifications.

I'm really going to like that 238 sq. foot cabin. It's not a suite, just a "Deluxe cabin with a balcony.

Interesting and thanks Kellie, I was under the impression that Vantage used the Tolstoy last season. I think I'll check out AMA! :)

Hi Hydrokitty,

I also booked AMA for September on the new AMA Katarina. If you want to see photos of the ship (AMA's website doesn't have them), go to Ralph Grizzle's website as he has every river boat company's photos there. If you don't have the link for it, I will post it here.

Sheila

Archived