First time with Carnival

rassha2003

Hi Everyone,

I will be sailing on my first Carnival Ship (Victory) in July and this my first time every sailing with Carnival Cruiseline. I am a Royal Carribean fan Diamond member (13 cruises), and am sailing with family members on Carnival. My age group is late twenties and will be sailing with a variety of ages ranging from teens to older adults. I am interested in perhaps the differences I can expect between Carnival and RCCL...the most obvious of which I am finding is price. Anything else? Thanks in advance.

I can't help too much since I've never been on RCCL but my advice is to go on Carnival and not try to compare everything to RCCL. Keep an open mind (just as you would on the other cruise line) and you will have a wonderful time :-)

I can't help too much since I've never been on RCCL but my advice is to go on Carnival and try not to compare everything to RCCL. Keep an open mind (just as you would on the other cruise line) and you will have a wonderful time :-)

You are in for culture shock! It is a different world, especially in summer. My advice is to just go with the flow and not make any comparisons with RCCL....at least not out loud.

Haven't been on RCCL but having had the opportunity to look at the boards for RCCL cruisers I am pretty much convinced you will find some differences but nothing drastic. Some folks say the food is better on this one than that one or the entertainment is better here than there. My DD has been on both and her take is they are close with some subtle differences.

I have been on both and did not see much difference except for the price. The rooms on carnival were much nicer in size. I loved both of the cruises. They both had chair hogs, good food - but not that I liked everything, the buffet was better on Carnival. I never made it to the midnight buffet on either - was so stuffed from late seating. I am sure you will have a great as long as you enjoy the ports of call, the people you are with and if you have good weather. Don't even worrying about comparing.:D

Archived