March 26- April 3, 2011 Carnival Freedom 8 Night Eastern Caribbean Review!

thormx64

This beach/resort was wonderful. Very little to complain about. However, I will mention that the number of people trying to sell you stuff is overwhelming. Whether it be jet-ski's, bottled water or hair braids, I'd say someone was around every 3 minutes trying to sell something. Now, although annoying, I've become accustomed to this type of behavior from my past trips to the Caribbean. Hardly anything to get overly upset about.

We experienced the same thing when we went to Cozumel a few years back (a very short RCI cruise...we were with our then 2 year old and 2 month old so we didn't do much much beyond the pier) and it really turned me off to the Caribbean. I HATED the constant selling.

We went to the Mexican Riviera last month on the 9 day Spirit and didn't really experience the hard selling at all. A few guys trying to sell water taxis in Cabo but that was about it. Much different. I was hoping things changed in Mexico but maybe it just depends on what coast you're on :) Oh well, I'm still gonna try the Caribbean again...water is MUCH warmer on that side!

I am loving your trip report!

Reminds me a bit when my husband and I went on our first Carnival Cruise on the Ecstasy almost 19 years ago! We were so young then!

Thanks for sharing!

Catrin

Lovely review; You and your girlfriend make such a nice couple. It's so refreshing to see a young man take the time to write such a comprehensive and honest review.

Wishing you all the best.

Lovely review; You and your girlfriend make such a nice couple. It's so refreshing to see a young man take the time to write such a comprehensive and honest review.

Wishing you all the best.

Ditto, the whole time I'm reading I'm thinking what a well written review and what a nice young man. You both look like you are enjoying life. I really appreciate you taking the time to share and for your beautiful pictures

• 3 weeks later...

Archived