Special Military Program application form

Astro Flyer

Yes - agree with auto-reply .... and keeping MOBC info on file at Princess for future cruise auto-processing would IMO be good for both Princess and customers (less work/expense) ... assuming this benefits continues going forward.

Princess told me they are working on changing our Captain's Circle accounts to note that we qualify for this benefit. That would simplify the process for Princess & make it easier to issue the MOBC. It will streamline it & hopefully reduce the administrative cost to continue this great program. Until then, I'll patiently wait for a reply but it sure would help to receive an acknowledgement so we don't have to waste their time asking if it's being processed. Having it noted in our CC accounts should help it. I faxed a request for 2 cruises (before the application form) & received confirmation within a couple of days for 1 but about a week later for the 2012 cruise. So apparently they may be processing them based on sailing date & also on how many requests per day they have to process.

Please to report that I have found the Southampton Office here in the UK very efficient. I sent them a copy of the Military Benefits Form from their web site together with a covering letter, and proof of service, for my cruise in 6 weeks time. Within 48 hours they e-mailed me a copy of my booking confirmation with the OBC added, followed by another e-mail informing me that they will be keeping my proof on service on file and for future cruises all I need do is complete the form and e-mail or post it to them. Well Done Princess UK.

Marmaduke, Off Topic; Are you sailing on the Crown 5/22? We will be. Did you check in with our great Roll Call?

I faxed a request for 2 cruises (before the application form) & received confirmation within a couple of days for 1 but about a week later for the 2012 cruise. So apparently they may be processing them based on sailing date & also on how many requests per day they have to process.

We sail on 9/3 and nothing has posted to our account yet. And I totally agree with other posters...just let me know that you've got it and are working on it and I'll be patient...it's the not knowing that is bugging me.

We sail on 9/3 and nothing has posted to our account yet. And I totally agree with other posters...just let me know that you've got it and are working on it and I'll be patient...it's the not knowing that is bugging me.

Absolutely, I completely agree with you; by not replying that only creates more work for them...and for us. :)

Some who book with a TA wonder why it's not in their CC account however it's been our experience that it's only on our reservation that our TA can access. So we request an updated invoice from our TA showing it's been issued & bring our confirmation email just in case there's a problem onboard.

I guess we've just been lucky & not have all of the frustrating delays experienced by others. Hopefully the notation in our CC account will be available soon because I am concerned that Princess could cancel this great benefit if it becomes too expensive for them to offer in the future. :(

I mailed my DH's DD214 last week and just recieved an email saying we got $100 OBC. This is a 7 night cruise. I thought this OBC was per person?

The OBC is for the military person only.

My understanding is that if there are two qualified military persons in the cabin, then they would both receive the credit. There have been quite a few posts on the CC boards that confirm that two military veterans will each receive the OBC. I just emailed my TA and Princess about this since both my husband and I are retired US Navy. When I first booked our cruise to Alaska I was told we would only receive one military OBC.

I'll let everyone know what I find out from Princess.

Still no response from my 2 emails and 1 fax re Military OBC....this is taking along time...not sure what is up????

Will email again today to try to get some response....keep ya posted.

I agree with you on resubmitting. Good luck. :)

Most odd with Princess taking so long to handle the veterans credit. I faxed my stuff in, and 4 business days later my TA sent me an e-mail saying she had heard from Princess and my credit had been posted for both cruises of mine.

I viewed a recent email from Cruise Critic's Cru Con (sp?) & prominently advertised was the MOBC program. So hopefully it will genereate new bookings & new passengers for Princess to offset the cost of this great program. Maybe they're overloaded with requests & hopefully will soon implement a notation in our CC accounts & an auto reply to requests to greatly reduce the administrative cost of the MOBC program. All vets (particularly the career ones) know it's 'hurry up & wait' so maybe Princess thinks that's what we expect...ha, ha! :p

Still no response from my 2 emails and 1 fax re Military OBC....this is taking along time...not sure what is up????

If you request a “Request Read Receipt” when e-mailing, you’ll receive an answer of receipt

within 24 - 36 hrs

Cato

Completed Cruises !

First cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

Second cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

Third cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

Fourth cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

Fifth Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

Sixth cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

Seventh cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

Eighth cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

Ninth cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

Tenth cruise - Sapphire Princess, x2, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

Eleventh cruise - Golden Princess, x2, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

Twelfth cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale Ret.

Thirteenth &

Fourteenth cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days,

South & West Caribbean

Donna's Dad - not sure how to get a 'recent read response' on my email, but this would only show they got the email, not that they acted on it and the OBC was credited, right?

I like to take a copy of the OBC with me in case of any problems once on the ship...

Donna's Dad - not sure how to get a 'recent read response' on my email, but this would only show they got the email, not that they acted on it and the OBC was credited, right?

I like to take a copy of the OBC with me in case of any problems once on the ship...

Dolores, why are you stressing about this now? Your cruise is not until August. I don't even submit my military and CCL until after final payment.

Hi!

Since I had heard nothing from Princess after 2 weeks regarding the form I had sent in to get the military credit for my husband, I decided to call. I spoke with a very nice young woman who explained that Princess has been inundated with faxes and that they apply the credit but often get back only to the TA and not to the passenger. She was able to confirm that the credit has been applied to our sailing.

Her suggestion was to call Princess about 5 days after sending in the military information to be sure that the credit has been applied rather than hoping to get a fax or an email from Princess. It seems that only people who have booked through Princess get notified directly, so since we had booked through an online agent, it was just easier to call and not have to worry.

Reggie

At the top of your "Create e-mail" screen click on "tool" and click on the second item down, and the recipient should answer "yes", then you will get an e-mail informing you of receipt.

At least you know that they got it, and it's not sitting out there in space

Cato :confused: :)

Hi!

Since I had heard nothing from Princess after 2 weeks regarding the form I had sent in to get the military credit for my husband, I decided to call. I spoke with a very nice young woman who explained that Princess has been inundated with faxes and that they apply the credit but often get back only to the TA and not to the passenger. She was able to confirm that the credit has been applied to our sailing.

Her suggestion was to call Princess about 5 days after sending in the military information to be sure that the credit has been applied rather than hoping to get a fax or an email from Princess. It seems that only people who have booked through Princess get notified directly, so since we had booked through an online agent, it was just easier to call and not have to worry.

Reggie

Reggie, I don't care whether they contact me or not....I just would like to see it posted on my Circle Savings Account online.

Reggie, I don't care whether they contact me or not....I just would like to see it posted on my Circle Savings Account online.

It won't be there, because that's not the way they do it. They automatically send it to your TA and a good TA sends you the new statement. Mine does immediately. If you have booked directly with the cruise line, look at your final invoice. Should be there too.

Hi all - not 'stressing' about the OBC, but since their new policy is that you don't have to wait til after final payment and they have a new submission form now, just want to have all my ducks in a row. I am always ahead of the game - don't want to be scrambling at the last minute. Just the way I roll;)

Heard back from Shareholders in one day - faxed at the same time - would think they would have about the same amount of faxes that military has....so not sure why the lag time....When Lisa was handling it, it was MUCH more efficient....I see why she got promoted.

I also agree the Cruise Personalizer should be utilized - seems like an easy thing to do for them and would stop lots of repeat emails, faxes and calls....just saying!!

Pia, why do they even have the Circle Savings Account information on the web if they don't utilize it? Not meaning to sound difficult...just trying to understand.:confused:

The Circle Savings account is used to show your FCC's and their status and also some referral monies. I don't think it shows anything else.

If you went through a TA it would probably be quicker checking with them - if the OBC has been added they will know it.

Archived