drinks

scanner55

I am not sure about actually taking the "bottle of whatever" with you to the pool, etc. But, you could mix your drinks and put them in a water bottle and take to the pool or deck. I have taken a glass of wine (we always ask the room steward for wine glasses on arrival) to the deck or other public venue in a discreet manner. Most often, though, we like to have wine or a drink watching the sunset from our balcony. As far as the MDR, you can take a bottle of wine and they will serve it. Likely, they will charge you a corkage fee. Have fun.

There are many people who really believe that taking drinks from you cabin is not allowed at all. :eek:

Myself, I just fill a glass or my mug with whatever I bring from home or the bar setup in my cabin & go wherever including dinner. Not a word will be said & no one will even notice you.

I doubt if you would ever have a problem ...however, its not wise to take 'glass' to the pool areas.... it's a safety thing.

I agree, the glasses Princess serves drinks in at the pool areas are almost always plastic/unbreakable. Beer bottles are the only glass I have ever seen out there. ;)

We almost always take a glass of wine with us to dinner, whereever dinner is that night. (diningroom or buffet).

I was reading another thread where a few posters said they thought people who do this are "cheap" and/or "tacky." :D

We do the same thing, Pia, so I guess we're in the same category as you and Mike, (whatever category that is).

I was reading another thread where a few posters said they thought people who do this are "cheap" and/or "tacky." :D

We do the same thing, Pia, so I guess we're in the same category as you and Mike, (whatever category that is).

LOL. I'm usually not considered cheap, so I guess it's tacky. :D

HAL lets you bring soda onboard and I bought a bottle of rum for the cabin. I was 1 deck from the lido so I brought a 16 ounce plastic cup from home and made rum & diet cokes of which I took to the buffet, or pool-all the time. I would just put my drink down and get my food, or swim/whatever. I suggest you bring a big capacity plastic cup, or buy one on board. Otherwise you would run out of you beverage real fast using what they provide at the bar, or in your stateroom and have to keep going back & forth to refill it. I would think if you bought a big Princess Cup onboard you would be good to go.

They will only sell you minis. any alcohol bought in large bottles is held for you until the end of the cruise.

The size for liquor princess sells on their website is 375 ml at $24 and up based on brand.

If I bought a 375 ml bottle of Bicardi Rum for my cabin for $24 how does that make me cheap? If anything I am a fool!

Archived