Galapagos Park Regulations 2012

KC Dan

We are on the December 30, 2011 Xpedition Cruiestour with the cruise portion departing Baltra on January 1, 2012. I have just read that there is a new park regulation that restricts the number of sites that can be visited in a 15 day period. Many operators are going to a 15 day plus tour in order to get in all the good sites. You can have a shorter tour but as I understand it you have to vary the itinerary so that you don't hit the same plce twice in the 15 day period. Some say it goes intor effect January 1st and another place says in February. I know the published Celebrity itinerary goes everywhere I want. Does anyone know if it is changed or what the real scoop is? I have not heard from Celebrity on my inquiry.

Dan

Since so few actually do this trip and the staff at the phone lines are not usually consistent, I would email Dan Hanaran's (sp?) office to get the actual facts. They were extremely helpful prior to my trip when there was issues of the $110 charge/taxes and a few other questions. I never actually got Dan but someone from the office responded usually in 24 hours. Even though it's public I don't feel comfortable putting it on this forum. Go to the Xpedition Monster Thread and search for my "Cliff Notes" I know it's in there along with the actual phone number for the Xpedition Desk.

Good Luck!

Archived