Ideas for ways RCCL could earn extra $$$?

In preparation for my JOTS cruise this friday, I was joking with coworkers about how so much has become an extra cost while cruising. I wondered aloud if perhaps one day meals would be extra. I can see it like a dormitory set up with different meal plans- you could pay for a certain number of meals per day, or perhaps buy a certain amount of meal credits- let's say you buy 100 credits per day- a hamburger is 20 credits, a soda is 5, etc.

Perhaps a coin operated TV like they used to have at the airport?

Anyone else have any interesting fund raising ideas for RCCL?

I always thought there should be tanning booths on a ship. Everyone wants to go back to work with that golden cruise tan. This way you wouldn't have to bake in the sun but everyone would know you had been on vacation.

I always thought there should be tanning booths on a ship. Everyone wants to go back to work with that golden cruise tan. This way you wouldn't have to bake in the sun but everyone would know you had been on vacation.

Tanning booths would also be beneficial for honeymooners who never emerge from their cabins all week :rolleyes:

In preparation for my JOTS cruise this friday, I was joking with coworkers about how so much has become an extra cost while cruising. I wondered aloud if perhaps one day meals would be extra. I can see it like a dormitory set up with different meal plans- you could pay for a certain number of meals per day, or perhaps buy a certain amount of meal credits- let's say you buy 100 credits per day- a hamburger is 20 credits, a soda is 5, etc.

Perhaps a coin operated TV like they used to have at the airport?

Anyone else have any interesting fund raising ideas for RCCL?

I am pretty sure RCCL is considering pay toilets on their ships.The cruise lines are also going to charge extra if you want to get off the ship at a dock rather than offshore and swim for it.Life jackets will be available for a nominal fee.Man overboard pickups will of course be free for diamond+ members.

They already charge for having your bed made and your cabin cleaned oops sorry thats tipping.

I am pretty sure RCCL is considering pay toilets on their ships.The cruise lines are also going to charge extra if you want to get off the ship at a dock rather than offshore and swim for it.Life jackets will be available for a nominal fee.Man overboard pickups will of course be free for diamond+ members.

They already charge for having your bed made and your cabin cleaned oops sorry thats tipping.

Pay toilets... by the end of the cruise my mother would owe more than an alcoholic's bar bill!

charging for cleaning and making beds??- I think my husband and kids owe me a ton of back pay!!

Yay! Humor! Hmmm.....let's see............

Charges for reserving a pool lounger before the pool opens.

Charges for boarding before the suggested "boarding time".

Charges for the cookies, pizza, sandwiches, etc...on Promenade deck. Charges for wearing clothes that are way to small for you.

Charges for not self-disembarking.

Charges for bringing on your own soda/water and booze (teehee).

Charges for receiving your courses in the main dining room on a timely manner.

This thread could (and should) go on and on and on..................:D

They did offer a galley tour on the Explorer in Feb. $50 got you a galley tour and a 3 course luncheon in Portofino's with mojitos or champagne AND wine plus there was a ship's officer seated at each table to answer questions about the ship. It was a unique elegant enjoyable experience. I would do it again as a sea day activity.

They did offer a galley tour on the Explorer in Feb. $50 got you a galley tour and a 3 course luncheon in Portofino's with mojitos or champagne AND wine plus there was a ship's officer seated at each table to answer questions about the ship. It was a unique elegant enjoyable experience. I would do it again as a sea day activity.

I would be interested in that one as well.

I'm almost afraid to give RCI this idea, even if it is in jest.

Lounge chair meters, similar to parking meters. These would be on all lounge chairs in prime areas near the pools. $3 per half hour for prime seats, and less the farther away from the pools you get. You need to swipe your sea pass card every 30 minutes. If you don't, a red flag shows and you lose the chair. Each sea pass may only be swiped one time during that 30 minutes. If you need 4 chairs, 4 people must swipe their sea pass card. This will eliminate chair hogs too, since paperbacks and flip flops can't swipe a sea pass card. ;)

Eric

Charge for wearing a bathing suit that grosses out your fellow passengers.

LOL This would also cut way down on the chair hogs.....great plan :D

I'm almost afraid to give RCI this idea, even if it is in jest.

Lounge chair meters, similar to parking meters. These would be on all lounge chairs in prime areas near the pools. $3 per half hour for prime seats, and less the farther away from the pools you get. You need to swipe your sea pass card every 30 minutes. If you don't, a red flag shows and you lose the chair. Each sea pass may only be swiped one time during that 30 minutes. If you need 4 chairs, 4 people must swipe their sea pass card. This will eliminate chair hogs too, since paperbacks and flip flops can't swipe a sea pass card. ;)

Eric

Hilarious! Perfect idea! Another way to defeat the chair hogs :D.

Archived