Promenade Staterooms on Navigator of the Seas

I am planning on booking a cruise on the Navigator of the Seas and am trying to choose between a standard inside stateroom and a promenade stateroom. My question is about the amount of light in the promenade staterooms. Does a lot of light come through the edges of the curtains at night since the window looks out onto a public area? DH and I like darkness when we sleep so I worry that too much light would be a problem for us. However, I have reservations against booking an inside cabin because the one time I was in an inside cabin, it was so dark that I had no concept of time and felt like I slept the whole cruise away. I don't want to do that again!

I am planning on booking a cruise on the Navigator of the Seas and am trying to choose between a standard inside stateroom and a promenade stateroom. My question is about the amount of light in the promenade staterooms. Does a lot of light come through the edges of the curtains at night since the window looks out onto a public area? DH and I like darkness when we sleep so I worry that too much light would be a problem for us. However, I have reservations against booking an inside cabin because the one time I was in an inside cabin, it was so dark that I had no concept of time and felt like I slept the whole cruise away. I don't want to do that again!

I had a PR view cabin. There are two sets of curtain. One white shear for light and privacy during the day and black out curtains for total darkness either at night or during the day. At night it was pitch black in the cabin. I don't remember any light coming in from the PR as long as you correctly positioned the curtains. They usually turn the PR lights down at night for an evening effect so any light that would get through won't be too bright. Anyway, I always bring my bathroom night light so it isn't pitch black in the cabin and if I have to get up and use the restroom during the night. It just gives a nice soft glow in the cabin without being too bright.

Normally, the light in public areas is attenuated at night. You will have no problem in the Promenade Staterooms

We were in a Promenade room on the Freedom a few months ago. While the light is somewhat attenuated during the evening, at some point during the night the lights are very bright, probably for the benefit of the cleaning staff. I was awakened on more than one occasion by light streaming in between the curtains; as someone has already suggested, it should not be a problem if the drapes are drawn tight.

Our friends were just in a Promenade cabin on the Navigator this past week and enjoyed their room. However, one night they did complain that the lights in the promenade were not tuned down and were bright. The light did shine a small amount in the room.

My DW and I stayed in a promenade stateroom on the Explorer and really enjoyed it.

Archived