Walkie talkies...

Just wondering about taking walkie talkies on board for the kids to keep in touch with my husband and I! I have seen it in the past but now they are old enough to go on their own for a little bit..but wanted to have a way of communication..since cell phones are not really an option!

Just wondering if anyone has done this and if so..what kind can you suggest to purchase?!

Thanks...

I just got back from a cruise on Royal Caribbean and they actually sell small walkie talkies in the gift shop. They are Cobra brand and claim to have 6 mile reception. They come 2 in a package but not sure how much they charge since there was no price on them but I'm sure that they are about 3 times as much as you can get it on land. Try your local Radio Shack and make sure it has good reception since it will lose a lot going through all the walls and decks of the ship. Good luck.

Just wondering about taking walkie talkies on board for the kids to keep in touch with my husband and I! I have seen it in the past but now they are old enough to go on their own for a little bit..but wanted to have a way of communication..since cell phones are not really an option!

Just wondering if anyone has done this and if so..what kind can you suggest to purchase?!

Thanks...

If you search on the main Carnival page you'll find lots of threads including links to recommended brands and experiences.

We really struggled with the Walkie Talkie decision, and chose to NOT buy Walkie Talkies. I'm glad we didn't...we just put big post-its on the mirror in our cabin indicating where we were. I only saw two people with Walkie Talkies- VERY surprising. We asked one family and they said that not only do they not always work, their kids either ignored them or forgot to carry them.

That being said, the store on the Valor had pairs of 6 mi Cobras for sale for $59.

we used them last cruise, it was ok at times, but most of the times it was full of other peoples chatter, o matter what channel you were on. Find yourself talking to someone who you didn't even know...LOL!! Didn't work to well with us, due to so many people using them, just clogged up the airways

Save your money- use the telephone in cabin- set it with voice mail as soon as you get in your cabin. They can leave voice mail using any public phone which is located all around the ship- But easiest is tell them to use the phones located by the elevators.

Archived