Marina PH Sq ft question

brucecar

Im looking at PH3 on Med cruise 2012, and I see 420 sq feet in the website and brochures ... but I suspect that probably includes the balcony as well. I wonder how big the room is by itself, and I cant seem to find that any where.

Thanks for any pointers

Hi Brucecar,

We too are looking at the med, Ph3 in 2012 and have questioned the same. I believe the balcony size is included in the suite dimensions and if otherwise it would be stated.

If you look under “Suite Amenities”, a “Private Veranda” is included in this list.

I hope this helps.

:)

Bev

Im looking at PH3 on Med cruise 2012, and I see 420 sq feet in the website and brochures ... but I suspect that probably includes the balcony as well. I wonder how big the room is by itself, and I cant seem to find that any where.

Thanks for any pointers

The interior size of the Penthouse staterooms on the Marina are 360 square feet....

Shari

Sharicruz6

Thanks for any pointers

It does include the balcony but rest assured it is a good size. There is a wonderful walk in closet with loads of hangers and a chest of drawers and shelving. Plenty of desk space and drawers in room. Bathroom superior. We did not use half of the storage. Suitcases fit under bed or if you prefer can be stored in your closet. We could only find ONE thing we wanted and that was a reading light in the sofa area. You will not regret booking this room in any way. That said, we are spoiled now and won't have any other room (except of course the upper suites)

It does include the balcony but rest assured it is a good size. There is a wonderful walk in closet with loads of hangers and a chest of drawers and shelving. Plenty of desk space and drawers in room. Bathroom superior. We did not use half of the storage. Suitcases fit under bed or if you prefer can be stored in your closet. We could only find ONE thing we wanted and that was a reading light in the sofa area. You will not regret booking this room in any way. That said, we are spoiled now and won't have any other room (except of course the upper suites)

DOJO466, I totally concur with your assessment of the PH cabins on Marina. I did believe the coffee table was a bit too large and kind of got in the way of sitting on the loveseat, so I hardly ever sat there, but I agree a light would have made it more usable. The two chairs/table at the foot of the bed were our favorite! Convenient and comfortable. Great idea O!

And, oh yes, having the PH IS wonderful!

DOJO466, I totally concur with your assessment of the PH cabins on Marina. I did believe the coffee table was a bit too large and kind of got in the way of sitting on the loveseat, so I hardly ever sat there, but I agree a light would have made it more usable. The two chairs/table at the foot of the bed were our favorite! Convenient and comfortable. Great idea O!

And, oh yes, having the PH IS wonderful!

We had "movie night" in our PJ's. Sat in those chairs watching TV whilst our butler served us our dinner from Toscana, then the maid came in, left us chocolates, then the butler came and took all the dishes away. Oh my the life and how I miss it.:(

We had "movie night" in our PJ's. Sat in those chairs watching TV whilst our butler served us our dinner from Toscana, then the maid came in, left us chocolates, then the butler came and took all the dishes away. Oh my the life and how I miss it.:(

Love it! I was under the weather one evening, so my husband went to Terrace Cafe, and on the way out saw our butler, who brought me dinner from GDR. When my husband returned, before I was finished with my meal, he said my dinner was better served than his. But then DH is not a trained butler, so guess that was why.

... the coffee table was a bit too large and kind of got in the way of sitting on the loveseat...
At 420 sq ft, the PH minisuite can have proper bathroom with separate tub and shower, walk-in closet, and make-up bench. As for the "coffee table" that is mentioned here, one way to solve this will be to have a smaller egg-shaped centre table, with a rectangular "adaptor/converter top" which can be put on (installed) as needed (by sliding its fitted bottom onto the centre table rim). That is the way Silversea does it, and it works well. When not needed, this adaptor can be stowed away in the closet.

At 420 sq ft, the PH minisuite can have proper bathroom with separate tub and shower, walk-in closet, and make-up bench. As for the "coffee table" that is mentioned here, one way to solve this will be to have a smaller egg-shaped centre table, with a rectangular "adaptor/converter top" which can be put on (installed) as needed (by sliding its fitted bottom onto the centre table rim). That is the way Silversea does it, and it works well. When not needed, this adaptor can be stowed away in the closet.

Doing it like another Cruise Lline........GENIUS!!!!!

Think of the money that can be snipped off the Riviera budget, just by getting rid of that pesky design team.

Why did they ever bother with professionals in the first place?

012607.jpg

Who is to decide when perfection has been achieved?

:cool: That is a tremendous ammount of Rowing Machines in the Health Spa!....And having them "Open Air" is pure genious.....I can hear the Ad spots now....." We're load'n the boat and get'n ready to go!......If you wanta come, grab an oar and Row!"...

Thanks everyone for great comments... sounds like 360 sq ft for the room proper and 60 sq ft for the deck, 420 sq ft total for PH suite.

Im looking at Regent 7 Seas Voyager C-class PH and its advertised at 306 sq ft for the room and 80-100+ sq ft for the deck... which is smaller room but bigger deck.

I think if I had to choose -- and I do have to choose -- I would take the larger room since I'll spend more time there than the balcony. Any thoughts 1 way or the other ?

If you go on cruisedeckplans.com (you do have to subscribe) you will see photos of the PH balcony and - Yes – they do look small but it will all depend on what you plan to use it for. If you like to lie out on a sun lounge then you would have trouble as there isn’t one or the room to put one. If you are like us and want to sit and watch the passing scenery over a drink or read a book then this looks perfect.

012607.jpg

Who is to decide when perfection has been achieved?

LOL! This picture reminds me of what Beatrice Lillie purportedly said the first time she boarded the Queen Mary: "When does this place get to New York?!?!"

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the 19 day crossing and can assure everyone that the PH is an extremely comfortable space. It not only is spacious it feels so roomy because of its configuration. I especially loved the walk-in closet and the way you enter it from the middle instead of the end as on other ships. There is no way to fill all the storage space and I seriously overpacked. The bathroom too is great with so much storage space. And the balcony is a perfect size for someone like me, who does not use it that much. In short, I loved the PH and will love it often in the future.

Archived