Oriana 2013

FLUFFY01

I notice that Oriana is in the Med in Jan 2013 and then in the Caribbean in February. Is this one less p&O ship doing a world cruise or is another ship replacing it?.

Regards

Jo:)

I notice that Oriana is in the Med in Jan 2013 and then in the Caribbean in February. Is this one less p&O ship doing a world cruise or is another ship replacing it?.

Regards

Azura is scheduled to do a World Cruise in 2013.

Hi Gill

Thanks for that.

I will be interesting to find out if Azura will be able to go through the new Panama canal

I may go depending on the itinerary, which I believe comes out soon.

I have booked Azura transatlantic for October and this will be the first time on this ship.

Regards

We just got back from Azura's repositioning cruise on Friday. She is indeed a fabulous ship offering an extraordinary number of dining choices. We really loved her and would certainly consider her for a Worldie.

I won't say have a fabulous time - I know you will! :D

I thought I read somewhere that Azura/Ventura are too big for the Panama canal?

Yes they are but often they are not world cruises involving a true circumnavigation but a Grand Voyage. If you look at the Sydney port cruise ship schedule, Azura is pencilled in for Feb 2013.

The Panama canal is being widened but will not be finished until 2014. They can still go to Australia via Suez, Cape Horn or Cape of Good Hope.

Brian

I was on the Oriana world cruise 2010 i did the first leg to Sanfransisco through the canal i noted there where larger Celebrity ships passing through.for some reason P&O schedule the Sydney to Queensland the barrier reef area in febuary this is in the Cyclone and rainy season.I received emails from fellow passengers they could not visit the barrier reef or the Cairns area because of bad weather i,m sure you guys have seen the bad weather of Queensland on your tvs this year.

take note it rains in the summer in Queensland November to March.

Archived