Question about family suites

bean24

We are looking at booking a 2 bedroom family suite for our cruise, It would be me, DH, DS 2 and my mom, we would have our son with us in the big room, the question is is the children's room big enough for one adult? ie. is it a twin bed or something smaller? thanks.

I am assuming you are talking about the category AB... If so, then the smaller bedroom has a futon type couch that opens to a full size bed (approximately) and a twin pull down. It ends up looking like one of the bunk beds that has a twin on the top and the full bed on the bottom perpendicular to the top. It should fit he just fine, she could even see which bed ends up being more comfortable for her. With the couch open it takes up most of the room, but she will have her own bathroom to get dressed or the hallway area between the small room and small bathroom, where the closet area is. She can even shut this entire area off from the rest of the cabin when she wants too. I think you will be very happy with the room!! Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks bean24- we are super excited! We decided to splurge and take our parents with us (in separate cabins) and saw this repo cruise with an amazing price for the GV and had to jump on it:)

Have fun on your cruise!!

hahaha--darthdaddy--we too had three in the small bedroom!! What an experience. Absolutely should be a piece of cake for one adult. Also, the room is very private--it can be shut off from the rest of suite entirely.

Yes, the couch folds out and is at least a double, maybe even queen size. However, on suggestion of a CC poster, we requested an egg crate when we first boarded as the bed is fairly hard. With only one person the upper berth can stay folded up. In the day they always folded the bed back up into a couch, and it is actually a very nice small sitting room. And as someone else said, the private bath in that room is a decent size.

The couch that converts to a single bed n the living room is actually the most comfortable bed (other than the master of course--which is unbelievably wonderful). This is a different type of couch--it doesn't fold out like most. It is extremely comfortable.

It is just wonderful space for a family traveling together.

We are looking at booking a 2 bedroom family suite for our cruise, It would be me, DH, DS 2 and my mom, we would have our son with us in the big room, the question is is the children's room big enough for one adult? ie. is it a twin bed or something smaller? thanks.

The small bedroom is very small, but, it is OK for one adult. That is the only cabin we stay in and we have always traveled with two teenage girls and they are happy with the space and having their own bathroom.

The sofa opens up to almost a full bed in width and there is a pull down bunk above.

I have copied and pasted an old Cruise Critic post I did answering questions about an AB (or as they are now known as an SC).

I hope you have a truly WONDERFULL CRUISE!!! sFun_cheerleader.gifsFun_cheerleader.gif

Here is my old post. I hope it answers all your questions about an AB:

Here are a few links.

They are of the AB's on the Norwegian Star, which are EXACTLY LIKE the AB's on the Norwegian Dawn........ :D

There is only one "problem" with the AB's. Once you "Go Penthouse", you will NEVER want anything but a penthouse........ ;)

NCLRoom.jpg

http://www.orcatekweb.com/Cabin-11550.htm

http://travel.webshots.com/album/350879718fPWnzv

http://travel.webshots.com/album/573...FRtBas?start=0

And, here is a link to an AB on the Dawn......

http://community.webshots.com/album/550231977eyxBDe

Archived