Moving from Cunard to P&O.

lottie7

I'm moving over from the Cunard board to join you all here with P&O. We have just booked our first P&O cruise. We've gone for the Oceana D deck D750 (Orsova Suite) We really are so excited and would be really grateful for any tips about what to do on the Oceana, what are cabin might be like (struggling to find many pictures) and just any advice in general really.

Many Thanks in advance. :)

Went on Queen Victoria last May. Had not long come off Oceana at the time. Plus point for Cunard was that the ship was perhaps more "classy" than Oceana but then it is a much newer ship.

With P&O you will have tea/coffee facilities in your room which I missed on Cunard. The currency onboard is all in pounds not dollars and everything is less expensive than Cunard! I have only been on that 1 Cunard cruise so I dont want to generalise but based on that 1 cruise, P&O is friendlier, better service and food is as good if not better really.

Thanks, that's great to hear that you find the service better on P&O. We really don't know what to expect. We have only sailed on Queen Mary 2 however we fancied a change for various reasons.

Welcome Lotti

I was on Oceana a few years back and loved it. We only had an inside cabin and it was great, so your suite should be fantastic! And there are launderettes and you can openly take drink on board - just making myself sound common now!

Have fun

Gillian x

To see a similar suite, go to princesscruises.com, click on Ships, then Dawn Princess/staterooms and you can see a virtual tour of a suite which is virtually identical. One thing, if there is still an aft suite available on C deck, and you plan to spend a lot of time on your balcony, I would recommend changing as the C deck balcony is bigger (we were in the C deck aft minisuite next to the suite).

Enjoy your cruise!

Having sailed on both QM2 and Oceana, I can say I enjoyed them both. Yes, Cunard is classier and more formal, but Oceana is a friendly ship and the service is just as good IMO. They are just different. You will get the tea-making facilities in the cabin but you won't get the free juices and ice cream all day (Kings Court). Yiu will also find the food is more "British", with smaller steaks and more nursery puddings, but that is not to say it is not good.

Archived