Passport Expires Question

The requirement for passports to have 6 months left on them has nothing to do with the cruise line. Some countries have that requirement if you are entering by plane, private vessel or car. You do not have to worry about that in any of the ports that the Triumph goes too. Plus no passport is actually required on a close loop cruise. It is a good idea to have one but it is not required.

The requirement for passports to have 6 months left on them has nothing to do with the cruise line. Some countries have that requirement if you are entering by plane, private vessel or car. You do not have to worry about that in any of the ports that the Triumph goes too. Plus no passport is actually required on a close loop cruise. It is a good idea to have one but it is not required.

Thanks - I just wanted to make sure!!

I am on the 9/10/11 Truimph cruise out of New Orleans and my passport expires 10/15/11, do I need a new passport or can I still use my current one?? (I read somewhere that if it's within six months you cant get on the ship) - Thanks in advance!!

You may have read it in the Carnival FAQ called TRAVEL DOCUMENTATION - ALL PORTS

U.S. Citizens

Carnival highly recommends all guests travel with a passport (valid for at least six months beyond completion of travel).

As AWCHIEF mentioned, I doubt this is enforced by the cruise line.

Tim

Why not call the Passport Office just to be on the safe side?

Wouldn't you hate to be told you couldn't board because your passport expires soon and your response would be "well, the people on Cruise Critic said I wouldn't have a problem!" :eek:

Why not call the Passport Office just to be on the safe side?

Wouldn't you hate to be told you couldn't board because your passport expires soon and your response would be "well, the people on Cruise Critic said I wouldn't have a problem!" :eek:

Great idea. I will call in the A.M. - Thanks for the help:D

I am on the 9/10/11 Truimph cruise out of New Orleans and my passport expires 10/15/11, do I need a new passport or can I still use my current one?? (I read somewhere that if it's within six months you cant get on the ship) - Thanks in advance!!

Why do you not get a new one? :confused: Plenty of time

Archived