Cancel booking then book onboard?

Hey Everyone! I don't know all the perks of booking onboard but if I recall it's OBC and reduced deposit, right?

Well, I wanted to book my first Transatlantic and it sails November 2012 however I don't cruise again until November 2011.

Should I book the cruise now, and if the prices are still the same come my Nov 2011 cruise just cancel the cruise and rebook while onboard? Is that allowed?

What are the chances the prices will go up a lot, since the cruise is almost two years away?

I'd also like to wait for a savings cert. to come out for my cruise but none of the certs cover 2012 TA sailings yet.

Any thoughts on this?

There really isn't that much advantage to booking onboard for you other than shipboard credit...and a good chance that the cruise will have gone up by then.. you can use a coupon with the onboard booking..as long as you aren't getting a balcony discount...not sure about reduced deposit since you are booking a specific cruise..at one time the deposit was reduced..but not sure if it still is..

I am cruising in Aug. and I booked a cruise for May 2012 the day it was released. My TA said it would not be a problem for me to cancel and rebook in Aug. with the next cruise cert., if it is still worth my while.

I am not sure about the saving certs.

Archived