Theme Nights P&O Pacific Jewel

Hi Again :D..Has anyone any idea what the theme nights are based on?

Do they change or does no one make an effort, past cruises I have been on every one at least trys to make an effort but that has been on basically American orientated cruises...or should i just go for the standard bring my mullet wig a hawian shirt and worst jacket I can find at a OP shop lol :rolleyes:

Hi Again :D..Has anyone any idea what the theme nights are based on?

Do they change or does no one make an effort, past cruises I have been on every one at least trys to make an effort but that has been on basically American orientated cruises...or should i just go for the standard bring my mullet wig a hawian shirt and worst jacket I can find at a OP shop lol :rolleyes:

Whenever we have been on P&O or Princess out of Aus, the theme nights have all been same. Island Night (P&O do this really well and most people join in, even the staff) with P&O the decks will be themed and is a great night. Country & Western Night, not as big as Island night but still ok then there is 80's (or similar) this would be the theme night that the least amount of people dress up.... As long as you have a hawaiin shirt or similar you will be fine. They normally have Island night after leaving either Vila or Noumea etc... so if you dont have appropriate clothing you can get at the markets..We were on Rhapsody Dec/Jan and the themed nights were very quiet compared to P&O, so you are quite right, the US ships dont make a big deal of theme nights at all.. Fiona :)

I agree - this was how it was on the Jewel last year. There was also a pirate night on the 14 night cruise. They had pirate stuff you could purchase if you wanted to but not really a big night.

The island night was the best & yes there where things you could buy at the markets on the way back to the ship - I think it was the Villa day. The country night they did some line dancing - we had our jeans and akubra hats.

Archived