Best things to do in palma

jam82

We're sailing on the Epic the first week in June and our last stop is Palma. I figure we'll be pretty well 'toured out' after our three Italy ports so we were planning a beach day in Palma. However, when I look at the weather averages it says that the average high is only 75. Has anyone been there this time of year and gone to the beach and been comfortable?

We'd also love to hear information on other excursions. Does anyone have info of renting bicycles, segways or boats?

I'd be surprised if it was that temperature in June, as that month in Mallorca is too hot for me....I remember driving into Palma one May morning, 9am, and the big thermometer was already at 31 degrees....which I believe translates into around 90 Farenheit(?)...at that time!!!:rolleyes:

There's various posts about beaches near Palma on this site...the nearest is at Illetas, west of the harbour, just past the King's Palace. The small town beach is a stroll along the promenade from the shuttle bus, but it's for swimming and sunbathing. Palm Nova is further round, and then you're into the big resorts.

The old streets of the capital will be shady, and the big squares are shady. The cathedral is a short walk from the shuttle buses, up the hill, and from there you're into the main square with many shops.

Enjoy you're time, and I hope you find something enjoyable. :)

Jo.

• 2 weeks later...
We're sailing on the Epic the first week in June and our last stop is Palma. I figure we'll be pretty well 'toured out' after our three Italy ports so we were planning a beach day in Palma. However, when I look at the weather averages it says that the average high is only 75. Has anyone been there this time of year and gone to the beach and been comfortable?

We'd also love to hear information on other excursions. Does anyone have info of renting bicycles, segways or boats?

That average is a shade temperature. If the sun's out you'll roast on the beach :) If you still have the energy there's plenty to see on that lovely island

but if not the beach (Illetas) option will be fine - just go in the sea every half an hour.

All the best, Tony

Archived