Check Those On-Board Charges!!!

teacherman

For more than a year now Princess has had a system in place where you are NOT required to sign your e-ticket or an authorization when checking in.

When you go to the personalizer and give your creditcard number it assigns an "electronic signature authorization" Your boarding pass then does not even have a place for your signature. You have to present your creditcard and have it scanned, but there is nothing to sign.

Something rather similar happened to us on our 1st cruise on the Sapphire, happened to be our 1st cruise ever! I reviewed our bill around the 3rd day and saw a strange $29.00 ish charge out of the Pacific Moon restaurant. I had not been in the restaurant yet! I too took it to the pursers desk and they pulled out a huge wad of receipts and couldn't find anything.....3 days later I got a very nice call from the desk saying this was for my COFFEE CARD! I had purchased it from a waiter out on the deck my 1st day and apparently he rang it up at the restaurant. I was looking for a $24.00 charge not knowing at that time that "tax/tip" is added to all the drinks. Your charges may not be listed on your bill where you purchased them. Good idea to check every day or write it down when you buy it, I know hassle bur worth it in the end.

Thank goodness for CC.

I requested my statement the night before disembarkation as advised by others and found two unauthorized charges, one on each of our two cruise cards. One charge was signed by someone with a completely different name so it wasn't intended to be fraudulent but the system failed twice - the folio number was typed in wrong and the person signing didn't check to see that their name was listed on the receipt. The rep at the purser's desk insisted on spending 15 minutes flipping through the entire pile of receipts to find it. She was baffled that someone signed their own name on a receipt that had someone else's account on it.

The second charge we didn't get to see the receipt for as it wasn't available at the purser's desk yet so the manager quickly reversed the charge which was appreciated.

It's disappointing that it's so easy for someone to charge our accounts and we have to waste time in line to dispute the charges. I hope Princess' finance dept enters the 21st century soon and implements card swiping.

Archived