Another First Time crusier post

jlm41

We are planning to take a cruise first time this summer ( July ). Last whole week

I have been reading this forum. It is very helpful forum. We are on tight

budget so I would like to keep the cost minimum as possible.

It will be 5 of us taking the cruise. Me, Wife, 2 kids( 8 and 11) and my

Mother-in-law. We ewould like 4 night cruise.

Destination doesn't matter. We would like to experience the joy of cruise vacation.

- Where should I search to find the cheapest cruise? Any suggetions for website?

- Which port will be cheapest to take a cruise from? We live in TN and we are planning to drive to port.

- What destination would be cheapest for 4 night cruise in July?

- My Mother-in-law is a vegetarian, and also she has a condition where she can not eat 1 full meal. She needs to eat small meals 4-5 time a day. Can she eat multiple meals a day on cruise? or do we have to pay extra?

Thanks for the wonderful helpful forum

Call he cruiseline and check their rates, then, call a travel agent and see if they offer a better value (onboard credits, or a bottle of wine....some sort of "perk")

As far as eating goes....you can eat all day long, if you're so inclined. Your MIL will have no problem eating as many small meals as she wishes! On ships, the buffet is almost always open, and room service is included in your fare. There is no shortage of food!

We are planning to take a cruise first time this summer ( July ). Last whole week

I have been reading this forum. It is very helpful forum. We are on tight

budget so I would like to keep the cost minimum as possible.

It will be 5 of us taking the cruise. Me, Wife, 2 kids( 8 and 11) and my

Mother-in-law. We ewould like 4 night cruise.

Destination doesn't matter. We would like to experience the joy of cruise vacation.

- Where should I search to find the cheapest cruise? Any suggetions for website?

- Which port will be cheapest to take a cruise from? We live in TN and we are planning to drive to port.

- What destination would be cheapest for 4 night cruise in July?

- My Mother-in-law is a vegetarian, and also she has a condition where she can not eat 1 full meal. She needs to eat small meals 4-5 time a day. Can she eat multiple meals a day on cruise? or do we have to pay extra?

Thanks for the wonderful helpful forum

The meal issue is not an issue at all. All kinds of food are available 24/7 on the ship, and room service is also included for no charge (some room service items may have a small charge).

4-5 night cruises sail on the older ships and they are less expensive. You will sail out of Tampa, or Galveston, TX, New Orleans. Those cruises are generally Western Caribbean (Mexico, Grand Caymen, Jamica, etc). You can also go out of Ft. Lauderdale or Miami, but you will have to drive further and will go to the same ports.

Email me and I will send you my time tested tip's and tricks that will answer most of your questions, and some questions that you didn't know you wanted to ask. The administrator of this board frowns on me posting some of the info contained. rmessina5150@gmail.com

Zippy

Carnival does some 4 and 5 night cruises out of Charleston and Jacksonville, as well so you may want to check into those. I am partial to Royal Caribbean and they do a 4-day cruise out of Port Canaveral, going to Coco Cay and Nassau.

I'd talk to a travel agent. Not one online. This way you can match a cruise line to your budget and what you and your family want out of a cruise.

I agree with this. Call your travel agent. I was scared to death that i would choose the wrong cruise or just make a foolish newbie mistake. Since I am a member of AAA, I just talked it over with one of their agents. Within minutes she had our needs figured out and the appropriate cruise chosen. We live in Atlanta so we just drove down to Tampa for our 5-day cruise.

As far as the meals, that's not going to be any problem at all--some kind of food is available pretty much around the clock. There are plenty of people who are vegetarians these days and it's not a hard diet to accomodate. My DD18 is vegetarian and she had NO problem eating well on our criuse.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived