Croatia currency

We will be in both Dubrovnik and Split in a couple of weeks, I know the currency is the Kuna but do they accept Euros, I know when I've been to Turkey although the official currency is the Turkish Lira, Euros are widely accepted in tourist areas to the point where most items are priced in Euros first

We will be in both Dubrovnik and Split in a couple of weeks, I know the currency is the Kuna but do they accept Euros, I know when I've been to Turkey although the official currency is the Turkish Lira, Euros are widely accepted in tourist areas to the point where most items are priced in Euros first

Correct, legal currency of Croatia is Kuna. It is hit or miss as to which shop or restaurant will accept Euros. Some historical sights will not accept any other currency but Kuna. It is best to obtain some small amount of Kuna at any of our local ATM machines, they do offer the very best exchange rate.

Enjoy your holiday.

When I was there the shops excepted dollars also. But to buy tickets for the wall and such you needed Croatian money.

Things change in Dubrovnik from year to year. What had been the case last year, may not be the same this year. Some of the museums and historical sights may accept Euros, but this year the US dollar is not very popular. The city wall will only accept Croatian Kuna and Euro, 70 Kuna or 10 Euros. Cable car will only accept Croatian Kuna or credit cards. It's best to obtain a small amount of Kuna from any of our ATM machines, use your UK bank card and you will get the best exchange. Do not double exchange and waste your Euros for Kuna.

Enjoy your time in Dubrovnik

Archived