Questions-Norwegian Dawn

Larrydano

Sharon, myself (cruise #21) and another couple (first cruise) have adjoining balcony cabins for a Bermuda cruise sailing 7/15/11 on the Norwegian Dawn.

I have several questions:

1) I know that adjoining cabins have a common interior door for going from cabin to cabin but can the balcony doors/partitions be unlocked/opened to allow passage from the adjoining cabins' balconies?

2) Which Dawn restaurants have additional fees and how much are those fees?

Thanks,

Larry

We had connecting BA cabins (10688/10690) on the Dawn and yes, the partition could be opened. However, it is on hinges and when you swing it open it takes up a lot of space on the balcony it swings in to. They aren't completely removable like they are on other ships I've been on.

NCLDawnFirstDay027.jpg

We had to request it be opened by maintenance via the front desk. The steward did not have the tool required to open it.

Hope this helps!

The new company line is they don't/won't open the dividers. I have written a letter to NCL asking why after reading many posts on here that they can and have been opened, why now won't they do it? I'll let you know what I hear so don't count on having it opened.

here is the list from NCL with all the resturants and the fees. http://www.ncl.com/csimages/772/384/NCL_Dining_Options_03112011.pdf

Interesting - I thought the Dawn had a British-style pub (The Pearly Kings Pub) but it isn't listed. Does this mean that the dry dock will be removing it - or is it a drinks only venue...?

Interesting - I thought the Dawn had a British-style pub (The Pearly Kings Pub) but it isn't listed. Does this mean that the dry dock will be removing it - or is it a drinks only venue...?

In Sept 2010, Pearly Kings Pub was a drinks only bar. It had a large screen TV showing sports on one end and a small bandstand on the other end. It was near the back of the ship on the port side; the Blue Lagoon was opposite on the starboard side.

The new company line is they don't/won't open the dividers. I have written a letter to NCL asking why after reading many posts on here that they can and have been opened, why now won't they do it? I'll let you know what I hear so don't count on having it opened.

We had heard that too but asked and it was done. If all else fails, it never hurts to ask. :)

My DH and I enjoyed the Pearly Kings Pub, while on the Dawn in February. The atmosphere is delightful, there are several flatscreen TVs which are pretty much dedicated to various sports stations. We went in there two or three times. The bartender and servers were efficient, we always were offered individual bags of popcorn, whenever we ordered our beverages. Enjoy the views!!!

1) I know that adjoining cabins have a common interior door for going from cabin to cabin but can the balcony doors/partitions be unlocked/opened to allow passage from the adjoining cabins' balconies?

Thanks,

Larry, we are on the Dawn ( in ajoining balcony cabins) in June, I'll post my findings along with a review when we return....

Archived