QE Queen's Grille Suites

ggo85

Can anyone explain the difference b/t the "regular" Queen's Grille suite (Q5/Q6/A7) and the Penthouse Suite (Q3/Q4) in terms of the cabin itself?

I've looked at Cruise Deck Plans and the Cunard site but I still don't understand the differences. They're about the same size. Ironically, in some cases, the cheaper suites seem larger and mostly in the same place on the ship (midship and aft). Yet, there's obviously a big price difference so there must be something.

What am I missing? Or, what can someone tell me about either category?

Can anyone explain the difference b/t the "regular" Queen's Grille suite (Q5/Q6/A7) and the Penthouse Suite (Q3/Q4) in terms of the cabin itself?

I've looked at Cruise Deck Plans and the Cunard site but I still don't understand the differences. They're about the same size. Ironically, in some cases, the cheaper suites seem larger and mostly in the same place on the ship (midship and aft). Yet, there's obviously a big price difference so there must be something.

What am I missing? Or, what can someone tell me about either category?

This link may explain http://www.cunard.co.uk/Ships/Queen-Mary-2/Accomodation/Queen-Grill-Suite/Penthouse-Suites/

The design and layout of Q3 and Q4 is superior particularly in relation to the bathroom and toilet areas which are larger and the toilet and bathroom mirror areas can be closed off from the shower and bath area.

These overall areas are also bigger.

While there is more open floor space in some of the Q5-Q7 suites, in the Q3 there is a seperate desk area and a seperate "make-up" area with mirror .In my view the "useable" areas in the Q3/4 are better.

The overall interior area of Q3 and Q4 is generally larger and they are also miidship.

Rob

Which Ship are you looking at. The grills are substantially different on the QM2 vs the QV, QE. On the Mary, the Q4 penthouses are about 250 square feet larger, Have a separate living and sleeping area and a proper dining table and a separate guest bath. The Q3 suites are the two most forward to deck 10 facing forward. They have about the same square feet as the Q4, but no balcony. They also have a living, dining and sleeping area a guest bath.

On the QVQE, The Q5,6,7s are aft and have a common sleeping/living area. The Q3/Q4 penthouses are mostly on 7 deck amid ship. they have a living area on one side, and a sleeping on the other. A full divider and a moveable curtain separate the two areas, they have no guest bath. As a point of interest, these cabins on the QV used to be Q6, and the Q6 cabins aft used to be Q4. These vary in square footage across all types, so its not really a measure of difference.

I hope this is helpful.

Mike

I think it depends upon your "cruisestyle".

I had a Q4 in Jan (now Q3 after the world).

The former Q6 midship now a Q5 had more entertaining room and seating than my former Q4. Go figure. I would have preferred the former Q6 midship for the extra seating. I did have an extra wardrobe in the Q4/Q3 than the Q6 which on some longer itineraries people may prefer.

I haven't been in any of the aft facing suites, but aft is not my most favorite place on the ship.

Did anyone notice the subtle change they've sneaked in.

From now on, according to the website, there is no beer in the mini bar and all replenishments will be charged to your account.

Beer was always replenished daily, as were the soft drinks. Depending on your butler, the spirits might or might not be replenished. Ours always were.

More cost cutting.

Stewart

Archived