Golfing as a port excursion

I have 4 guys that would really like to play golf while in Ireland or the UK. I'm trying to find out if it is possible to line up a port excursion for them to do this. I haven't seen much about it other than visiting the place it originated. We will be on the Crown Princess and the ports that we were thinking of were; Cobh/Cork, Greenock/Glasgow, Belfast, Liverpool or even Guernsey. We could do it in some of the other ports but we already have tentative plans for the other ports. Any ideas would be appreciate.

Thanks

Sherry

The course you are refering to is Royal Portrush which is about 7 miles from the Causeway. There are strict rules regarding handicap levels etc to play here and you must book well well in advance and pay a deposit up front. The course is a links course and is located about 20 miles away from the port in Belfast. Link below should give you some more information..

http://www.royalportrushgolfclub.com/visitor-information.aspx

I have 4 guys that would really like to play golf while in Ireland or the UK. I'm trying to find out if it is possible to line up a port excursion for them to do this. I haven't seen much about it other than visiting the place it originated. We will be on the Crown Princess and the ports that we were thinking of were; Cobh/Cork, Greenock/Glasgow, Belfast, Liverpool or even Guernsey. We could do it in some of the other ports but we already have tentative plans for the other ports. Any ideas would be appreciate.

Thanks

Sherry

Curious about a couple things: Are they planning to bring their own clubs?

To do justice to Scotland you might consider spending a couple extra days at the end of the cruise and go to some of the best near Edinburgh. Our tour of Ireland/Scotland ended there and we spent a couple days along the eastern coast where there are many courses. Alas, I did not do well with rented clubs.

To see what we were up to go to http://www.*****.com/Scotland%203.html#golf

It includes some details about Muirfields and the hotel next door.

Irish1978 - Thanks for the links, that is just what I needed! I'm going to contact them and find out what I would need to do to set up a game. You have made my day!

Irish Bear - We will need to rent the clubs because it would be to much hassle to take their own. They rented clubs when we were in Hawaii and they still had a great time. Several times, actually. This would be more about the novelty of playing the game where it originated. Hopefully, we will get to go back at some point and we can plan a few extra days for them to get more golfing in. I loved the page you made for your trip, beautiful pictures!

Thanks

Sherry

Archived