Sea turtles

Chinchbug

• 2 years later...
It's possible you might see some sea turtles while snorkeling.

There are no interactive tours like "Swimming with the Sea Turtles" in Barbados or "Swimming with Stingrays" in Grand Cayman.

LuLu

~~~~

Not true. My family was there in August and my kids swam with several turtles in an area right off Mahogany Beach. It's right next to the dolphin area and across from the big 3-wheeled paddle water cycles. We passed the area on the cycles and were called over by other tourists on 4-wheelers. A man pulled us over to the area(covered by a small wooden dock) and tied up the water cycles. All he was asking for was tips and happily displayed the huge sea turtles he apparently takes care of of there. My kids swam in the water and rode on the back of a turtle. That was the highlight of their day! He said he goes by the Turtle Man.

I have no idea how to get there by land. I'd ask when you get to the port.

• 2 weeks later...
Not true. My family was there in August and my kids swam with several turtles in an area right off Mahogany Beach. It's right next to the dolphin area and across from the big 3-wheeled paddle water cycles. We passed the area on the cycles and were called over by other tourists on 4-wheelers. A man pulled us over to the area(covered by a small wooden dock) and tied up the water cycles. All he was asking for was tips and happily displayed the huge sea turtles he apparently takes care of of there. My kids swam in the water and rode on the back of a turtle. That was the highlight of their day! He said he goes by the Turtle Man.

I have no idea how to get there by land. I'd ask when you get to the port.

Did you leave the Mahogany Bay area or stay right there where the chairlift takers you?

Did you leave the Mahogany Bay area or stay right there where the chairlift takers you?

We stayed in the Mahogany Bay Beach area to board the water buggies with the 3 inflatable tires. Can't remember their name. They were near the walkway bridge and under the chair lifts. Anyway, the sea turtles are across the waterway. I don't know how you access it by foot. We saw people on ATVs there so I don't know if you can walk there easily. It's not really a tourist attraction because he only asked for tips. Very nice gentlemen who loves taking care of those turtles.

• 2 months later...
It's not really a tourist attraction because he only asked for tips. Very nice gentlemen who loves taking care of those turtles.

If said man truly 'loves taking care of those turtles', he would leave them alone; he would never have become close enough to one of them to put a kid on the back for a 'ride'; and he most certainly would not ask for nor accept money.

Despicable behavior on the part of all who place the well-being of these wild creatures in jeopardy.

If said man truly 'loves taking care of those turtles', he would leave them alone; he would never have become close enough to one of them to put a kid on the back for a 'ride'; and he most certainly would not ask for nor accept money.

Despicable behavior on the part of all who place the well-being of these wild creatures in jeopardy.

Agreed...... as a diver of many years, it is well known you can look but not touch !!!! Endangered species.