An Old Carnival Capers

GalFitness19

I came across this while cleaning a closet this afternoon and thought it might be a fun "days gone by" for a lot of you. Anyone ever travel on the Tropicale? This "Carnival Capers" (now known as the "Fun Times") is dated February 21, 1995. Unfortunately, I could not figure out how to make the document larger...

992385955_CarnivalCapers95.jpg.ef61a79fd2ee3553254173de855075af.jpg

I came across this while cleaning a closet this afternoon and thought it might be a fun "days gone by" for a lot of you. Anyone ever travel on the Tropicale? This "Carnival Capers" (now known as the "Fun Times") is dated February 21, 1995. Unfortunately, I could not figure out how to make the document larger...

The Tropicale was my first Carnival cruise (93 or 94?). I was digging through stuff one day and ran across the Tropicale brochure they gave me onboard, which included all the decks. When I look back on it, the ship was so small, but seemed so big at the time. No balcony cabins that I can recall. Unfortunately I don't have my capers. Wish I did.

I had a great time on that cruise. Probably my favorite cruise to date. Thanks for posting it. I hope Mach can make it larger. Would love to see it.

I can go one better than 1995, I have Capers for the Xmas sailing of the Holiday in 1991!!!!!! (Dec 21-28, 1991). I still have everything from when I went on the Holiday in 1991....er well except the bottle of Banana run, I gave that to the silent auction in 2007. I guess it was still good after 15 years cuz the gal who bought it said the rum was quite tasty....I ws not going to open it until I could replace the bottle with another, so uhm, it took 15 years....

As for the capers, I do not have then scanned, but I could easily scan them at lunch on monday as our photocopier has color scanning capabilities!

We were on the Tropical in August of 95...first cruise. Our Ports were New Orleans, Tampa, Grand Caymen & Cozumel. The cool thing I can remember was you could start your cruise at either New Orleans or Tampa. We got on in New Orleans. By then , the Tamps folks were at the end of their cruise, so they told us the 'must dos' at the ports. We thought the ship was SO huge...

On my 93 Tropicale cruise we started in San Juan and went to St. Thomas, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Aruba and Caracus, Venezuela. What a great itinerary it was. I loved Grenada and I don't think Carnival goes there anymore. I need to find a cruiseline that does.

Thanks for posting, Host Mach! I'll email the other three pages to you if you're interested in posting.

That cruise was really special to me since I met my husband on it. @Dustyblue, I had forgotten that there were two ports where passengers would begin their cruises! We had the same itinerary.

Thank you for posting this. I'd love to see the other pages too! It's great to be able to see what they offered years ago vs now esp with all the talk of cut backs and changes etc. What a great thread! Thanks again :)

I really wish I saved my Capers now but I was of the thought that things were always gonna be the same on every cruise (I was young lol)

If anyone has Capers from the later 90's I would love to see! Off the top of my head I definitely remember the welcome aboard rum swizzle party, late night crepes on the lido deck, and live bands performing in every lounge at night. I used to love the jazz band.

Thanks for the bit of nostalgia OP!

Thanks for posting, Host Mach! I'll email the other three pages to you if you're interested in posting.

That cruise was really special to me since I met my husband on it. @Dustyblue, I had forgotten that there were two ports where passengers would begin their cruises! We had the same itinerary.

Glad to!!!

CarnivalCaperspg2.jpg

CarnivalCaperspg3.jpg

CarnivalCaperspg4.jpg

:)

Thanks for posting - these are great. The men's knobby knee contest - do they still ever have that or was it replaced with the hairy chest? And man a bucket of beers for 8 bucks - wow!

But I can say the cost of my Liberty cruise in January for the both of us in a balcony is costing less by almost half than the cost of my 1997 Destiny cruise for 2 in an OV. Cost of fare down, everything else up.

I too was going through some things in a closet the other day and found a three of our Carnival Capers from our Carnival Festivale honeymoon cruise from June 1992. I'll try to scan and post. I'm enjoying looking at the others that some of you have posted - thank you!

I have all my capers, and all my ship thingies that they used to hand out the last night. read through them once in a while, and get depressed at all the things they no longer do.

also have many years of carnival brochures.

Love it. I really enjoyed looking at the capers from way back when :D My DH pokes fun at me but I have every single Capers from ALL of our cruises, as well as, all the little inserts and stuff. It is my little hobby and they have actually came in handy (if we are going on the same boat and doing an itenary that we have done in past I will pull them out just to refresh me) and they are just fun to look at when I am having cruise fever!!

I just scanned and am attempting to post. I only had 4 days of the Capers (missing embarkation day in San Juan, St. Martin, & Barbados). The capers were one page, front and back (only scanned the fronts), on legal sized paper and our scanner will only scan regular document size (8 1/2 X 11). Here they are:

scan0041.jpg

scan0043.jpg

scan0049.jpg

scan0047.jpg