Can We make a 12:30 flight out of LaGuardia?

teacherman

We are scheduled on Caribbean Princess, arriving at Brooklyn Terminal on Thursday, July 28, at 7:15 am. We have never cruised out of this port. Do you think we would have difficulty in making a 12:30 flight out of LaGuardia? We had planned to take a limo, but should we do Princess transfers to the airport? We could take a flight at 2:30, but do not want to hang around airport for 4 hours if we don't need to. Any advice/info is welcome. Thank you.

It's plausible. You will have to be off the ship quickly (get an early color) & you should not take the cruise lines transfers. Private car or limo will be best. N.B. When we flew out of LGA last month, Spirit Airlines sent us an e-mail saying that they prefer check in 3 hours in advance rather than 2.

• 2 weeks later...
We are scheduled on Caribbean Princess, arriving at Brooklyn Terminal on Thursday, July 28, at 7:15 am. We have never cruised out of this port. Do you think we would have difficulty in making a 12:30 flight out of LaGuardia? We had planned to take a limo, but should we do Princess transfers to the airport? We could take a flight at 2:30, but do not want to hang around airport for 4 hours if we don't need to. Any advice/info is welcome. Thank you.

There is a good chance you will make the 12:30 flight but if it was me (and I've been in your situation) I would go with the 2:30 PM flight. I've been on a cruise arriving in New York where people missed flights like the one you are considering because the ship was a little late arriving to port and also because the customs clearance process took much longer than normal. These things happen. I would rather get to the airport without the pressure and not have to worry about this on the cruise.

It all comes down to how much you are willing to chance.

Keith

Archived