Anything fun to do in/around Falmouth?

jacksmom09

Hi! Trying to decide on a shore excursion from Falmouth, but everything seems to be so far away! Nothing really catches our interest. We have been to Jamaica once before and did the tubing and Shaw Park, don't want to do that again though. Not sure if we wanted to try DRV either d/t crowds and pushy vendors!:eek: Also, have an adventurous 14 yo ds to try to find something fun to do for! Would love some input from someone just back!

If I had it to do all over again, I would spend the day at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. They have a lazy river and water park for the kids and what I hear is good food and all you can drink. I can't remember what the prices were, but they seemed pretty reasonable for what you get.

Go to the RCCL general postings and read "billion dollar ship at a flea market"...it might help you decide what to do and what to expect. If you want to get off, make sure you book an excursion. Get ways away from there because unless you want to do a little shopping for trinkets amongst concrete, its not what the kids will remember as fun or beach day.

Expect to pay a high price for the excurions. I tried to look at that Iberostar resort but RCCL would not take kids less than 16 years old. No one knows why, either?

From what I'm reading...1) Outwit a pusher and name your best price, and 2) Try to guess how many STD's you'll get patronizing the local street walker...

On a serious note, this looked interesting: http://www.mytimenplace.com/

I suggest you take a look on trip advisor for the place linked above..... You would seriously want to get off a billion dollar gorgeous ship to go there:eek::confused:

I suggest you take a look on trip advisor for the place linked above..... You would seriously want to get off a billion dollar gorgeous ship to go there:eek::confused:

Gets 4 out of 5 stars on Trip Advisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147309-d251586-Reviews-Time_N_Place-Jamaica.html

Maybe I will stay on the ship? Trip Advisor apparently can never be trusted.

Archived