Need options

mitchpam

I had no idea the port was an hour away from the airport when we booked our Dream cruise out of Port Canaveral. Even after figuring it out, I did not think it was too big a deal because we will be flying in to Orlando the day before. The problem is our flight home leaves the same day we arrive in port... at noon. BUT the Carnival website says it will not book return transport from the Dream for any flights leaving before NOON... ours leaves AT noon. So.... any suggestions?

We used http://www.travelynx.net/- they were waiting there when we got off. Disembarking in Port Canaveral was a breeze- and we did not use the carry everything yourself option. We would have easily made a noon time flight. I don't think you would have a problem. I think you can request to be in one of the earlier groups for disembarkation if you have a noon or earlier flight.

AT noon isn't BEFORE noon, so I don't see a problem. If you are booking your ground transportation with them, then ask them about it. See if you need to change anything. Orlando is pretty much smack dab in the middle of the state. You have to drive a good 90 minutes east or west to hit the ocean (I do think it may be slightly closer to the east coast rather than the west, but not a great deal). If they can make it happen, then I assume you are good. If not, then I'd try to change your return flight.

5waldos, Thanks, but the link didn't work. I will look into a shuttle taxi though!

kr8z, the Carnival web site would not allow me to book it... and I did not persue it via phone yet, mostly because CC was the next tab over and I thought I would get lots of help and ideas here!! :)

The search continues...

I had no idea the port was an hour away from the airport when we booked our Dream cruise out of Port Canaveral. Even after figuring it out, I did not think it was too big a deal because we will be flying in to Orlando the day before. The problem is our flight home leaves the same day we arrive in port... at noon. BUT the Carnival website says it will not book return transport from the Dream for any flights leaving before NOON... ours leaves AT noon. So.... any suggestions?

Tell Carnival it leaves at 12:02.

Self assist would give you a big jump in getting there early if you could swing it.

Then you wouldn't be sitting there worrying about getting there in time.

remember others will be heading to the airport as well, and you need to check in early at the airport for all that hassle:rolleyes:

If you get yourself off the ship at 8:30, you have plenty of time to get the early shuttles, and you won't have to collect your luggage.

OK, here are a few other details to consider about our plans...

1 We are booked in a suite. I know that you get priority boarding, but do we also get priority dis-embark?

2. We are flying 1st class home ( thanks FF miles!!) So generally the check-in process at the airport is slightly faster.

3. The ship docks by 8. If we get off the ship by 9, drive the hour+ to the airport, we will still be there by 10:30ish...

This seems OK to me to keep the noon flight...

Now to just figure out the how to get to the airport part...

Not to add more stress, but there's no guarantee the ship will dock on time. It can also take longer than scheduled to clear customs. I don't think you get priority disembark. That's for platinum cruisers. Can you keep your luggage to a minimum that you could do self-assist and be one of the first off the ship?

When we used the Carnival tranfers we were off the ship by 9:00 (no early disembark), walk straight to the bus once off the ship, and within 15 minutes we were leaving. They wait for the bus to fill then take off (ours filled fast). It is about a 45 min drive to the airport. We were at the airport by 10:45. Our flight didn't leave until 2:30pm..long wait. Just go straight to the bus when you get off, unless something causes the ship to be late getting in, you will be fine.:)

Thanks Becca... we should be able to do self-diembark with no problems.

and a BIG thanks to helicopter for the reassurance. I realize that there is always a risk of not getting into port ontime, but I felt secure in making a noon flight out... until I started researching transfers!! I still think I will see about getting a private transfer though... the prices are better and I do not have to wait for the bus to fill up.

We have yet to book the hotel either, but most likely going to stay at the Residence Inn the Port.

Archived