Best Quiet Spot on Freedom...any other advice would be good

Hi,

My husband and I will be sailing on the Freedom on April 24. We are soooo excited, but since we aren't very experienced cruisers, I thought I'd see if any of you have any advice for us.

We sailed on the Emerald Princess last year and had a balcony. It was a nice quiet spot to have a glass of wine and watch the sunset. This time around, we have an inside cabin, and was wondering where the quieter, more romantic parts of the ship are.

Also, do you have any other tips for sailing this ship? I have dinner at Chops and are doing excursions with captain nautica and captain alan.

Anything you recommend we do? Drink? Eat? See?

Freedom is wonderful. The Library is quiet and there are quiet spots on the ship that are outdoors as long as you don't sit on the pool deck. The Champagne Bar and Bull & Bear pub on the Royal Promenade (Deck 5) are very nice as is Boleros (Latin music) on deck 4. You will love the main dining room -- the food is excellent.

If you take the outdoor promenade (I think it is deck 4) and walk all the way to the front of the ship, there is a small staircase there that almost looks off-limits. If you ascend those stairs, you'll be on the helipad, which is a very quiet and romantic place. During high winds or rough sea conditions, there might be a chain across the staircase prohibiting access...if you encounter this, just return at another time.

If you take the outdoor promenade (I think it is deck 4) and walk all the way to the front of the ship, there is a small staircase there that almost looks off-limits. If you ascend those stairs, you'll be on the helipad, which is a very quiet and romantic place. During high winds or rough sea conditions, there might be a chain across the staircase prohibiting access...if you encounter this, just return at another time.

Just remember that, while the helipad is quiet and a beautiful place with amazing views, you are in full view of the entire bridge staff.

:)

I'm a big fan of the Viking Crown Lounge for its awesome views. Not many folks go up there during the day since it doesn't have music. I could sit up there for hours just watching the sea go by. Aft elevators, port side, all the way to the top.

Archived