Can Fun Ship Gift Certificates be delivered onboard?

YOWmom

My mom is cruising the Med on Magic in early May. I'd like to give her an onboard credit gift certificate for her birthday (which is during their cruise) so she can purchase a shore excursion or two, but on the website it looks like these are only delivered by mail in advance of the cruise. We live in Canada and I'm worried it might not arrive in time and would also rather it be delivered to her on the ship so it's more of a surprise. Is this possible? I know you can have bon voyage gifts delivered onboard but this doesn't seem to apply to the gift certificates. Can any Carnival experts help me out? Thanks

I don't believe they will deliver them, but get her booking number and instead of entering a mailing address, enter On Board Credit and the Booking Number. They should apply it as OBC. On embarkation day, she'll get a slip in her mailbox that includes whatever message you entered and the amount of the OBC. That's what I got for all the fun ship certificates I ordered as OBC for my last cruise.

excellent! thanks so much for the reply - did you order them online or should I call instead? I do have her booking number so sounds like it will be pretty straightforward...

Definitely check with Carnival directly to see what you can and can't do regarding credits and gift cards and such.

My daughter and her hubby got married recently and went on a Royal Caribbean cruise two days after the wedding. One of their friends gave them a Royal Caribbean gift card in their wedding card, which they opened the day after the wedding. They weren't able to use the card because Royal Caribbean required the card to be "registered" (the amount deposited to their onboard account) a week ahead of the sail date. Fortunately, it doesn't expire, but they (or someone else) will have to take another cruise to use it.

Archived