Upsell Question

StephD

I have seen someone else ask something like this, but I can't remember. Me & my husband 2 be our taking our honeymoon cruise in September. The day we board is also his birthday:D. We are building a house so I booked an obstructed view so we would at least have a suite, but I really wanted a GS. It's just with the house we cant't afford it. My question is, do you think we may get an upsell call? Since we already have a suite I wasn't sure if that ever happened.

Steph,

Hi and welcome to Cruise Critic! There's a lot of information and advice here. Congratulations on your upcoming honeymoon!

It sounds to me like you have a balcony cabin with obstructed view? I would be pro-active and check fares regularly to see how much a higher category cabin or a suite would cost. That way you could upgrade yourself if you find a price you could live with.

Here's a link for the CCL fare checker: http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

Happy cruising,

You could get a upsell call. Fascination for instance has a owners suite, but that upsell is pretty high priced.

I assume you are on a fantasy class ship since you mention your suite is obstructed.

You could get a call ... but Iv never had one. Not even once with all my carnival cruises. So the odds arent good if you ask me.

Ok well darn. Maybe the price of the suites will go down sometime before we cruise the Sensation and I can upgrade that way by paying a little more. I did book ES so maybe I will get lucky. If not I am sure we will still have an awesome time?

Steph,

You're welcome!! Thanks for explaining the suite "lingo" to me, we haven't ever booked one before.

You can also go on CCL and do "find a cruise" as if you were making a new booking on your ship and sailing date. In the category you're interested in, it will only show 10 cabins max as available on the deck plan. So if 10 are showing, there are probably more than that available = so not close to sold out in that category. For example if you are checking the grand suites, the more that are available, the more likely the price could come down.

We booked ocean view for June on Early Saver and now that the final payment date has happened, we're waiting for the obstructed view balconies to drop in price. They are only $50 more pp now than what we paid, with 10 cabins showing available. Hopefully we'll get to upgrade!! But if not, I'm happy with what we have now. And hey, it's a cruise vacation!!

If you are counting on this, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Those calls happen, but they're rare. It's kind of like finding a four leaf clover.

We've gotten the grand suite upsell call once a couple of days before sailing. It was a terrific deal and we took it. Other people have reported getting the call and getting pretty lousy offers. So, even if the call comes, you might not want to take the deal.

No matter what, you're going to have a wonderful time on your honeymood cruise. Enjoy.

I have seen someone else ask something like this, but I can't remember. Me & my husband 2 be our taking our honeymoon cruise in September. The day we board is also his birthday:D. We are building a house so I booked an obstructed view so we would at least have a suite, but I really wanted a GS. It's just with the house we cant't afford it. My question is, do you think we may get an upsell call? Since we already have a suite I wasn't sure if that ever happened.

If you do you'll be luckier than I am. I'm Platinum and I've never gotten an upgrade or even an upsell call.

Best of luck!!!

:)

Archived