We will never take another cruise

brnsnbrws

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Losing a child is the worse thing a parent can go through. Since we've had 2 deaths of people we dearly loved when we were on our last 2 cruises we can just not contemplate taking another one. We're not thinking about the fun we had before the news reached us, we just think about feeling helpless. Not being able to be with our families right away. My husband and son-in-laws had to deal with breaking the news to our grandaughter, calling all the other relatives, and making all of the funeral arrangements. We couldn't get a flight until Friday out of the Caymen Islands, we received the news on Wed. afternoon. We arrived home Friday night at 10:00 pm and the viewing was was Saturday and the funeral was yesterday. We all just felt trapped on the ship. It was a horrible feeling. But I do want everyone to know that the Guest Services on the Glory did everything they could for us. They were very kind.

My wife and I know your pain. We lost a daughter to a DUI driver when she was 20. That was in 1994 and it is still very hard for us to drive on the road where the accident happened. I understand not wanting to cruise again.

So sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. I to lost my oldest son in 09. its something that takes time to deal with. He was my cruise buddy. I havent given up cruising, but its a part of me missing when I did go on my cruise. But time will heal all. You and your family are in my prayers.

Archived