We will never take another cruise

brnsnbrws

Our last 2 cruises with Carnival ended in devastation. In Nov 2009 me, 3 of my daughters and my sister were 3 days into our cruise on the Valor and we received word that my mother-in-law had passed away. We disembarked in Belize and flew home. We decided to cruise the same itinerary again since we missed ports we wanted to see, but on a different ship. We were on the Glory, 4/03/2011 sailing and 4 days into our cruise we received word that one of my daughters who was at home had died. We disembarked and flew home again. Although none of this was Carnival's fault we will never be able to step foot on a cruise ship again. I have to say that Guest Services was wonderful. They couldn't have been kinder or more helpful. They had meals delivered to our cabins, unlimited use of the ships phone, helped secure flights, took care of our luggage, got us through customs and secured transportation to the airport. After 2 deaths in a row while on a cruise we can't ever cruise again for fear of something else devastating happening.

Im the same way about all inclusives, I lost all my money, (and yes I had insurance, didnt cover me since I was not related by blood), lost over $1000, which was just my share.

I never went, as I had to attend a funeral the day I was supposed to be leaving.

I am truely sorry for your loss. I don't blame you I know for me it would be very difficult to cruise again. May time help heal the pain you and your family are feeling. I know the void will be with you always but, I know the pain will cease as time goes on. I lost my 1st husband in 2000 and my dad in 2006 I miss them each and everyday but my heart dosne't ache as much.

Our last 2 cruises with Carnival ended in devastation. In Nov 2009 me, 3 of my daughters and my sister were 3 days into our cruise on the Valor and we received word that my mother-in-law had passed away. We disembarked in Belize and flew home. We decided to cruise the same itinerary again since we missed ports we wanted to see, but on a different ship. We were on the Glory, 4/03/2011 sailing and 4 days into our cruise we received word that one of my daughters who was at home had died. We disembarked and flew home again. Although none of this was Carnival's fault we will never be able to step foot on a cruise ship again. I have to say that Guest Services was wonderful. They couldn't have been kinder or more helpful. They had meals delivered to our cabins, unlimited use of the ships phone, helped secure flights, took care of our luggage, got us through customs and secured transportation to the airport. After 2 deaths in a row while on a cruise we can't ever cruise again for fear of something else devastating happening.

So very sorry for your loss..................

First let me say, please accept my deepest sympathy for your losses, I know this is a terrible loss to bare, I too have suffered 2 close family member deaths while on vacation, once on a cruise, and once a land vacation in Florida. The very same thoughts came to me, maybe if I stop vacationing, I will stop losing people, as crazy as that may sound, I too know that is part of the process. Don't allow destiny to stop you and your family from doing something you love, that would not be fair to those you have lost, and those still with you. Believe me, I understand, but with time this will pass, and the loving memories of you loved ones, will cause you to want to do the things you enjoy the most.

We have no control over life, so please don't let this stop you from cruising. Again, I am

very sorry for you loss

Tim

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that you and your family are able to find peace in the memories of your loved ones. God bless all of you.

*To all of those judging, pushing your views, giving that "get back on the horse" speech, or fighting over your psychology courses, please save that for another thread. The OP is obviously hurting and none of that helps. JMHO

I am so sorry for your losses.

I am also extremely pleased that in the midst of your horrible experience that Carnival Staff stepped up to the plate to help and assist you.

Maybe you can trust in the probability of this not occurring again in a few years....will allow you to take a care free cruise in your future.

Right now, most people would surely feel the same-shadow of fear- going anywhere near a cruise ship for a while.

My prayers are with you. This is a rare and hurtful dual loss to endure.

I'm so terribly sorry for your losses. You have my sincerest sympathy.

I had a similar situation on a Princess cruise. My husband and I were away on a long-awaited cruise for just the two of us, when I got word that my Mom passed away suddenly. Due to unforseen circumstances, by the time we received word, we were unable to make travel connections, and since the next two days were at sea, I was unable to fly home. Those few days on the ship were the worst days of my entire life.

Trust me when I say that I totally understand your feelings of devastation and how you've been traumatized. This May we're going on our first Princess cruise in 3 years, only because my husband really wants to go. But I'm afraid the moment I step on the ship all those feelings will come back to me and it will be difficult to enjoy the cruise. Hopefully that won't happen and this will help me heal those feelings.

My hope is that one day you'll find a way to return to cruising without the fear holding you back. My heart goes out to you, there are those of us who DO understand exactly how you feel.

Sharon

Archived