Full Payment Date - What if I'd missed it?

wcook

It's my nature to pay for things at the last minute. Better in my book for me to have the money than RCI. RCI sends me lots of email saying I have to pay by April 9th. So I paid on April 9th.

Just curious, what would have happened had I slipped up and forgotten to pay? Would they have immediately canceled my rooms and kept the deposit? Given me a small grace period? Waited until somebody else wanted to book the rooms?

They would have charged the card you gave them for the deposit. If it didn't go through they would try and contact you. And if you still didn't reply and went past a certain grace period then yes they would cancel your cruise and keep the deposit.

They would have charged the card you gave them for the deposit. If it didn't go through they would try and contact you. And if you still didn't reply and went past a certain grace period then yes they would cancel your cruise and keep the deposit.

No way will they charge your credit card without your authority, it even states that in the reminder email.

They will try and contact you if you miss final payment, but have no obligation to do so

Mis-information - they would not charge the card you gave them. They must have your authority to do so. They may or may not give you a grace period. Depends on how the ship is selling. It is absolutely not a good idea to try to find out. Pay on time.

Archived