Cabin Safe on Celebrity Century

robdyn

Going on the Century from Vancouver to Alaska 7 night return. Does anyone know what kind of locking system for the safe the Century has. Do you use your room key (or card with magnetized strip) or is it a combination type lock. If it's a card I will bring an old card from home like we did on our Carnival trip as I've heard that it can ruin the strip and your door key won't work. Any help?

Thanks. That makes it a lot easier when there will be 3 of us. Don't have to worry about anything but #'s. No hiding a card.

The only thing to worry about is that the safes are mounted high in the closet and in back. If you are less than about 5'3", you will not be able to reach in without standing on something. My 5'0" wife could barely open the safe and there was no way she could reach in.

We were in a concierge cabin...perhaps the safes are mounted differently in other cabins.

Sailed on the Century in Nov with BFFs. We also had trouble seeing into the safes. After a couple of days of frustration we started putting everything into ziplock bags. Easy to pull everything out at once and not worry abt losing small items.

Archived